Sensing, Somatization from an Embodied Anatomy Perspective.
In this 100-hour intensive we will focus on the Embodied Sense of our being. Tara joins with Special Guest Teacher Scott Lyons to explore the world of asana through the Body Mind Centering perspective. While Tara leads participants through asana labs, meditation and philosophy lectures, Scott will guide us through somatic embodiment practices to lead us deep into the inner landscape of our feeling sense of our anatomy and movement.
In addition to deepening asana, this section will include movement and lab explorations on:
– The Nervous System, organ system, skeletal system, endocrine system, and developmental movement patterns, and embryological patterns.
– Sensing, perceiving and observation skills- including perceiving the “mind of the room” and adjusting accordingly.
– Foundation of therapeutic touch and re-patterning as applied to asana.
– Adjustments on the macro and micro levels.
– Deconstruct and build classes through somatic Pedagogy: Such as phrasing (content, space, time approach and transitions) planes, body systems and development
– Deepening your knowledge through experiential movement and asana.
By participating in this Advanced Yoga Immersion, you are eligible to receive 100 hours towards your YogaLila School of Yoga 300 hours Advanced Training. Nevertheless, any advanced yoga practicioner is more than welcome to join this immersion and will be credited with Continuing Education Units (CEU).