Since it’s inception in 2012, the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga has steadily grown worldwide. There are almost 800 Anusara yoga teachers on every continent but Antarctica, and the school is staffed by part time paid staff and a network of dedicated Anusara yoga students that provide services for beginner yoga students, aspiring teachers, teachers seeking to deepen their skills, as well as the wider yoga community. In 2017, the school transitioned to a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. This shift will allow ASHY to continue to expand the benefits and services we offer. Currently the Anusara School offers these benefits and services:
- Curriculum for all practitioners
- Access to internationally-recognized philosophers and scholars as well as Subject Matter Specialists (SMS)
- Philosophical teachings leading to greater personal understanding
- Alignment-based asana practice led by skilled teachers
- Knowledge of biomechanics (i.e. applied anatomy)
- World-wide opportunities to practice Anusara yoga
- Continuum of professional development for teachers
- Local and international teacher support
- Maintains online directory of teachers and Anusara yoga events at Anusarayoga.com
- Connects practitioners and teachers via a growing social media network
- Inspiration (i.e. blog, poetry, media, images)
Watch for new programs, more Anusara yoga festivals and events at yoga conferences and retreat centers worldwide, online opportunities for practicing and teacher training, and more.
In late 2018, ASHY will introduce the Adhikara Project. This endeavor will raise funds to provide teacher training scholarships and support, and offer stipends to Anusara yoga teachers who want to bring yoga to underserved communities, hospitals, veteran’s programs, domestic violence programs, schools, prisons, and rehabilitation facilities.
For more information about ASHY, email firstname.lastname@example.org.