Becoming an Anusara teacher is a commitment to excellence.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a licensed Anusara yoga teacher. The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga is dedicated to supporting Anusara yoga teachers in cultivating and maintaining a high standard of excellence.
An Anusara yoga teacher’s main intention is to serve each and every student of all ages and levels to discover their own innate goodness, their worthiness, and Divine nature.
With love, honor, and respect, an Anusara yoga teacher is dedicated to serving and assisting each student uncover and develop their own unique gifts and abilities. Anusara yoga teachers are known for their light-hearted approach that evokes a playful environment of creativity in their community and their classes. Students and teachers are also encouraged to resist mindless conformity by being independent and self-reliant.
As a Registered Yoga School (RYS) through Yoga Alliance, our School offers one of the most comprehensive teacher training programs in the world. Our 200-hr teacher training and 300-hour advanced teacher trainings both fulfill and exceed the basic requirements set by Yoga Alliance. (See below for our step by step process to becoming a licenced Anusara yoga teacher.)
Being an Anusara teacher means:
• You are part of the only major yoga school that has non-dual Tantric philosophy as its foundation.
• You are part of a Teacher-run, international yoga school.
• You have the gift of Anusara’s Universal Principles of Alignment™
• You are trained in a unique teaching method, which is supported by teaching manuals and an international school.
• You enjoy a common language, sequencing and high standards with other Anusara teachers.
• You are part of an international yoga school that has a clear professional development continuum
• You are part of a worldwide community that shares common core values.
• You are a valued representative of the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga.
• Every Certified Anusara yoga teacher is empowered to teach the method and add their individual creativity to enhance the inherent beauty of the Anusara method.
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga offers 4 levels of licensing. Each builds upon the previous as the teacher gains experience and expertise.
Click here for a visual overview of the Professional Development Continuum.
The Anusara Elements yoga teacher license is designed for those teachers completing Anusara Immersions and Teacher Trainings who have earned the recommendation of their teacher to have proficiency in teaching the basic elements of an Anusara yoga class. Anusara Elements teachers can advertise as Anusara Elements yoga teachers or licensed Anusara Elements yoga teachers, and can publish their classes as Anusara Elements Yoga.
Anusara-Inspired yoga teacher license meets and exceeds the requirements for Yoga Alliance RYT-200. Anusara-Inspired can advertise as Anusara-Inspired yoga teachers or licensed Anusara-Inspired yoga teacher, and publish their classes as Anusara Yoga.
200-Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT-200) who received training in another style of yoga are eligible for the 36-Hour Anusara Bridge Program, which prepares them to enter a 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training and the Anusara-Inspired license.
Certified Anusara yoga teacher license meets and exceeds the requirements for Yoga Alliance RYT-500 hours. Certified Anusara yoga teachers can advertise as certified Anusara yoga teachers, Anusara yoga teacher or a licensed Anusara yoga teacher. It is at this level that teachers are permitted to offer workshops on the Universal Principles of Alignment™ and with approval offer Anusara yoga teacher trainings.
Experienced Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher (ECAT)
The title of an ECAT is a professional title that certifies you to teach all or part of a 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training. Also, the ECAT license provides an additional professional credential. This is a great next step in the path of teaching excellence. We encourage you to consider applying.
Subject Matter Specialist (SMS)
As a part of our 300-Hour Teacher Training (ATT), the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga offers a teaching role called Subject Matter Specialist (SMS). A SMS is someone who has a specialty offering that is related to the teaching and/or practice of Yoga, which will enhance a teacher trainee’s education and contribute to their excellence as a teacher of Anusara Yoga.
A SMS can teach elective subjects in the 300-Hour Teacher Training, such as Ayurveda or Sanskrit. A SMS can also teach six (6) of the eleven (11) required modules: philosophy, anatomy, teaching Meditation, teaching Pranayama, Women and Yoga, and Yoga for Seniors. A CATT must teach the other five required modules.
Available Anusara Teacher Trainings
- 200-Hour Teacher Training
- Includes a 100-hour Anusara Immersion and a 100-hour Anusara Teacher Training)
- Completion of this step certifies you as an Anusara Hatha yoga teacher at the 200-hour level and renders you eligible to apply for an Anusara-Elements™ .
- Bridge Program is a 36-hour program designed for teachers who have:
- Completed a 200-Hour Teacher Training in a method other than Anusara and want to take an Anusara 300-Hour Teacher Training.
- Anusara Inspired Teachers as refresher and to earn Elective hours for their 300-hour Teacher Training
- 300-Hour Teacher Training
- Completion of this step qualifies you to apply as a RYT-500 with Yoga Alliance and to apply for the certification process with the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga.
Questions? Contact Licensing Specialist Ory Brown at email@example.com