Becoming an Anusara teacher is a commitment to excellence…
Thank you for your interest in becoming a licensed Anusara yoga teacher. The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga is dedicated to supporting Anusara yoga teachers in cultivating and maintaining a high standard of excellence. An Anusara yoga teacher’s main intention is to serve each and every student of all ages and levels to discover their own innate goodness, their worthiness, and Divine nature. With love, honor, and respect, an Anusara yoga teacher is dedicated to serving and assisting each student uncover and develop their own unique gifts and abilities. Anusara yoga teachers are known for their light-hearted approach that evokes a playful environment of creativity in their community and their classes. Students and teachers are also encouraged to resist mindless conformity by being independent and self-reliant.
Anusara yoga is a nationally Registered Yoga School through Yoga Alliance that offers yoga teacher certification for teachers who meet requirements that fulfill national standards. Additionally, Anusara yoga certification is among the most professional and demanding in the industry of yoga teaching. All certified Anusara yoga teachers complete several years of study; they all go through multiple teacher training courses and teach professionally for at least four years, before formally entering the certification process.
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga teaches a three-level approach towards licensing, each builds upon the other as the teacher gains experience and expertise.
The Anusara Elements yoga teacher license is designed for those teachers completing Anusara Immersions and Teacher Trainings who have earned the recommendation of their teacher to have proficiency in teaching the basic elements of an Anusara yoga class. Anusara Elements teachers can advertise as Anusara Elements yoga teachers or licensed Anusara Elements yoga teachers, and can publish their classes as Anusara Elements Yoga.
…………………..Click here for more information or to apply for the Anusara-Elements license
Anusara-Inspired yoga teacher license meets and exceeds the requirements for Yoga Alliance RYT-200. Anusara-Inspired can advertise as Anusara-Inspired yoga teachers or licensed Anusara-Inspired yoga teacher, and publish their classes as Anusara Yoga. To apply for an Anusara-Inspired license please read the Inspired Protocol packet and complete the checklist:
Anusara-Inspired Yoga Teacher Check-List ♡ Inspired Protocol packet revised June 15.15
Certified Anusara yoga teacher license meets and exceeds the requirements for Yoga Alliance RYT-500 hours. Certified Anusara yoga teachers can advertise as certified Anusara yoga teachers, Anusara yoga teacher or a licensed Anusara yoga teacher. It is at this level that teachers are permitted to offer workshops on the Universal Principles of Alignment™ and with approval offer Anusara yoga teacher trainings.
Achieving the full 500-hour certification process consists of the following:
- The Immersion: a 100-hour course of study and practice of Anusara Yoga
- The Level 1 Teacher Training: a 100-hour course study about teaching Anusara yoga
- Completion of an additional 300 hours of Anusara training which includes:
- 144 hours of Anusara Required Modules (total of 11)
- 156 hours of elective trainings with a current certified Anusara teacher or Certified Anusara Teacher Trainer (CATT) or licensed Subject Matter Specialist (SMS)
- Pass a written exam reviewed with your assessor
- The assessment of a class video by an independent assessor which is approved.
- This completes the integrated 500-Hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum and qualifies for registration with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 level.
- A qualified certified Anusara yoga teacher (CATT) can schedule to teach all or part of the 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training. They can offer each module as a stand-alone event or combine them in any way that supports their community of students. Students can take the individual modules from any qualified certified Anusara yoga teacher (CATT) or licensed Subject-Matter-Specialists (SMS); then they will submit an application to the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga listing their hours.
- Preparation for the certification assessment is part of the 300-Hour Teacher Training curriculum but completion of the certification process will be separate.
- The primary objective for the 300-Hour Teacher Training is to provide a platform for Anusara teachers to continue their education and training in two main areas: Teaching a high quality Anusara yoga class – to further develop, refine, and expand on the teaching skills that were introduced in the Level 1 Teacher Training, thus preparing Anusara Elements and Inspired teachers to pass the written exam and class video assessment to become Certified Anusara Teachers, and expand on their ability to provide an inspiring experience of Anusara yoga for all of their students.
When all the prerequisites have been met, an application may be submitted for certification. The application will be reviewed and if approved, the teacher will be asked to submit both a written exam and a video presentation of one of their classes for review and feedback. The written exam should be submitted before the video.
Anusara yoga certification is designed to be a wonderful process of education and esteem-building, so there is no failure in this process.
Once all requirements of the certification process have been fulfilled, the following must also occur:
- An Anusara yoga teacher’s license agreement must be signed.
- Payment of pro-rated annual licensing dues must be completed.
With the completion of these last two items, the candidate has earned the legal right to the title of Certified Anusara yoga teacher. A beautiful Anusara yoga teaching certificate will be mailed to the teacher, and he or she we will be listed in Anusara’s online Teachers’ Directory as a certified Anusara yoga teacher.
Have questions about becoming an Anusara Certified teacher?
Please contact email@example.com
Ready to apply for Certification? Click HERE.