100-hour Anusara Immersion in the Netherlands, with Jayendra Hanley
September 16, 2020 - January 30, 2021
One of the best things that we can do for ourselves is to develop a regular practice of yoga asana and a regular practice of meditation. This is the main intention of the Immersion in Anusara Yoga, and this will be the main support for anyone who wants to take a yoga teacher training.
The main elements of an Immersion in Anusara Yoga are the deep practice of hatha yoga and meditation, the study of the most inspiring of yoga philosophies, and to have the continuous experience of the goodness in our own Heart, found in practicing with and getting to know our community of students and teachers.
In these 3 sessions of 5 days each, we will:
- Yoga Asana or Postures – Develop our yoga asana practice, getting stronger and more flexible while learning all the basic level 1 poses, and then learning how to get into the more challenging ones too. We’ll learn and practice with the Anusara Universal Principles of Alignment, which support us in doing the poses in a powerful, safe and healthy way.
- Yoga Philosophy with a Focus on Non-Dual Tantra – Study one of the oldest wisdom traditions on earth, the yoga tradition, including its foundations and its pinnacle in the philosophy of non-dual Tantra, a vision and practice that is ideal for this modern world
- Deep, Powerful Meditation Practice – Learn an effortless, powerful practice of yoga meditation and immerse yourself in the vibrating stillness within, which then uplifts our experience of all of life.
- The Experience of Expansion – the first goal of yoga is to experience the expanded state inside us, and the second is to delight in our world, including with our community of students and teachers. This is the intention for our practices and study.
The 100-Hour Immersion is open to all students of yoga.
200-Hour Anusara Teacher Training: The Immersion is also the first half of a 200-Hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training, so we are planning for a 100-Hour Teacher Training to be held in 2021, if enough of the Immersion students want to go on and learn how to teach and share this practice that we all learn to love.
Recommended Preparation for the Immersion: to take regular Anusara yoga classes, either in person or online. See www.anusarayoga-benelux.com for a list of local teachers, or www.anusarayoga.com for Anusara teachers in other locations. For online classes with Sandra, try www.ekhartyoga.com. There are also some Anusara classes at yogavibes.com.
Dates: September 16-20, November 18-22, 2020, January 27-30 2021
Time: 11:00 – 18:30 daily with a lunch break
Location: To Be Determined in the Netherlands
- Earlybird rate for 100 hours of Immersion: € 1400 if paid in full by April 15, 2020. All rates are VAT inclusive.
- You can also pay in three installments of € 515 each, due on May 1, August 1, and October 1
Immersion Application: There is an application for the Immersion. It is short and easy to fill out. Please e-mail Nicole Damen at firstname.lastname@example.org for the application. This is how you can reserve a spot in the Immersion.
Payments: after submitting an application, Nicole will send you payment information and documents about preparing for the first session in June
Suggested housing near the studio: information to come soon
– Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Manual
– Anatomy and Yoga: A Guide for Teachers and Students by Ellen Saltonstall
– The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (we can talk about recommended translations later)
– Bhagavad Gita (we can talk about recommended translations later)
Language: The Immersion will be taught in English.
For more information: please contact Jayendra at email@example.com or see www.jayendrahanley.com
About the Instructor
Jayendra Hanley, Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher, Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500, has taught many Anusara Immersions and Teacher Trainings in the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Belgium, France and England.
Jayendra is a leader in the Anusara teaching community. Currently the co-coordinator of the Anusara Curriculum Committee, he helped to create a 300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training for Anusara Yoga, and wrote about half of the 200-page Student Handbook for that training. Jayendra is also a skilled mentor for teachers who are on the Anusara path. He is the European coordinator for the Anusara Teacher Certification process.
Jayendra began practicing hatha yoga and meditation in 1977 and began studying with the founder of Anusara Yoga, John Friend, in 1993. He’s currently taking a series of Shaiva Tantra meditation courses with Paul Muller-Ortega called Blue Throat Yoga, and is now an authorized teacher of Neelakantha Meditation as taught in Blue Throat Yoga. www.bluethroatyoga.com
Students love the clarity and precision of Jayendra’s teaching, especially when it comes to how to do and teach the poses, the philosophy of the yoga tradition, and the practice of meditation. They often comment on the depth of his understanding and his light-hearted styl