- This event has passed.
100-hour Anusara Teacher Training in Brussels with Jayendra Hanley
January 14, 2017 - September 24, 2017
Anusara® Yoga Teacher Training
With Jayendra Hanley
January – September 2017
Tree of Life Yoga Studio in Tervuren (Brussels)
The Anusara® Yoga Teacher Training is for students who have completed the Anusara Immersion or a similar program of study, consisting of at least 100 hours of
- Practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation with Anusara yoga teachers
- Study of yoga philosophy, particularly Anusara yoga philosophy
- Study of the Universal Principles of Alignment and anatomy
The intention for the Teacher Training is for participants to learn how to teach Anusara yoga. At the end of this two-year program of Immersion and Teacher Training, students will have completed 200+ hours of theory, study and practice.
It’s important to know that after completing the 200 hours of Anusara Immersion and Teacher Training, students receive a certificate of participation. Certification in Anusara Yoga is a separate process with other requirements, although after successfully completing this training, most students can apply for an “Anusara Elements” license and register with the Yoga Alliance in the U.S. For more information about Anusara teacher certification, please see the Anusara website at www.anusarayoga.com.
Detailed Schedule of Teacher Training
After completing the Immersion in Anusara Yoga, we now focus on the art and skill of teaching yoga in general and Anusara yoga in particular. Each day, we begin with an asana class that demonstrates the main elements of an Anusara yoga class. The rest of the day will consist of study and practice of all the major skills needed to teach Anusara yoga. The main training method will be demonstration of teaching skills followed by much practice teaching in various formats. In part 3, each student will teach a short class and receive detailed feedback.
Teacher Training Part 1: Foundations. Main topics:
- The auspicious role of being a yoga teacher
- Talking students into and out of a pose using simple, clear instructions
- Connecting major movements with the breath
- Teaching Anusara’s Universal Principles of Alignment
- Creating a class plan
- Introduction to teaching with a theme
- Preparing for class: organizing the space, welcoming, sacred space
- First steps in observation
Teacher Training Part 2: Refinement. Main topics:
- Teaching a class from beginning to end and all steps in between
- Sequencing a class
- Teaching a pose systematically
- Integrating the theme into postural instructions
- More about teaching the Universal Principles of Alignment
- Studying individual asanas
- Teaching the main classes of poses
- Developing our observation skills
- Verbal adjustments and physical adjustments
Teacher Training Part 3: Expansion. Main topics:
- The Seat of the Teacher
- Teaching a Class Systematically
- Demonstration skills
- Refining all of our teaching skills
- Other guidelines for verbal instructions
- Yoga Therapeutics
- Practical application: teaching part of a class with generous feedback
September 21-24 retreat with Jim and Ruthie Bernaert (these dates are not certain yet)
Daily Schedule: 9:30 – 1:00 and 2:30 –5:30
- € 580 for each part of the course. All of the rates are VAT inclusive.
- € 1500 for all 3 parts of the Teacher Training if paid in full by January 1, 2017
- Returning students who have already taken a 100-hour Teacher Training with Jayendra are invited to take it again at half price. That would be 870 for the Teacher Training or 290 for each of the three parts.
- The cost to stay at the retreat site will be extra. The one that I usually use in Limburg the Netherlands charges 145-165 Euros for a three night stay.
Our main text will be The Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Manual, which is available in various languages at www.anusarayoga.com. Jayendra will have the English version for purchase for 15 Euros, which is much less than the full price.
Full Schedule for 2017 Teacher Training at Tree of Life Yoga Studio in Tervuren:
September 21-24 retreat with Jim and Ruthie Bernaert
Teacher Training Application: If you did not take Immersion with Jayendra, there is a short application to be filled out. Please ask Jayendra for one.
Maximum number of students: 25
Jayendra Hanley, Certified Anusara Teacher, E-RYT 500, has been a student of yoga and meditation since 1977. Jay received Anusara yoga teacher certification in 2001 and studied with the founder of Anusara, John Friend, for 20 years. He currently lives in the Netherlands and is supporting students and teachers of Anusara yoga with workshops, Immersions, and Teacher Trainings throughout Europe. Not only is Jayendra fully versed in the Anusara method, including having profound knowledge of the yoga scriptures and tradition, he is also a very loving and skilled teacher who serves his students well. Jayendra is the co-coordinator of the Anusara Curriculum Committee and also is mentoring various teachers towards Anusara certification. For the last few years, he has been studying and practicing Neelakantha Meditation with Paul Muller-Ortega.
Jim Bernaert has been practicing yoga since 1984. In his early years he practiced and studied in the Iyengar method. He began teaching yoga in 1990. In 1996 he began studying with John Friend, the founder of Anusara Yoga and in 2000 he became a certified Anusara teacher. Since that time he has taught ongoing classes, workshops and teacher trainings both on the Big Island of Hawaii where he lives, as well as all around the world.
Jimmy offers his years of experience of practicing and teaching the Universal Principles of Alignment, inspiring Tantric philosophy, and therapeutics, which embody Anusara Yoga. In recent years much of his focus has been on meditation. In 2008 he began meditation and philosophy studies with Paul Muller-Ortega in Blue Throat Yoga. Students experience the clarity of his understanding, his precise instructions and his warm and generous heart.
Payments: For payment information please contact Jayendra at email@example.com.
Location: Tree of Life Yoga Studio in Tervuren (Brussels) (www.treeoflifeyoga.be)
Language: The Teacher Training will be in English.
For more information: please contact Jayendra at firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.jayendrahanley.com or about the studio, please contact Courtenay at email@example.com or see her website at www.treeoflifeyoga.be.