100-hr Anusara® Teacher Training in Belgium with Silke Wilson, Courtenay Wills and guest teachers Jayendra Hanley and Jackie Prete
September 28, 2019 - March 15, 2020
Anusara® Yoga has three main elements: an inspiring, life-affirming, non-dual Tantric philosophy that looks for the good in all people and all things, Universal Principles of Alignment that allow us to experience this goodness in our bodies, minds and hearts, and an emphasis on living these inspiring teachings in daily life. If you would like to do a practice that is challenging while remaining safe, that maintains a sense of flow while aligning our bodies in a powerful way, and that is adaptable to all ability levels and interests, then this is the course for you! We also explore the profound yoga practices of pranayama and meditation.
“The highest intention of practicing Anusara® Yoga is to align with the flow of Grace, to awaken to the truth that our essential nature is part of this divine flow, and to lovingly and joyfully serve this flow.”
Anusara Teacher Training Manual, page 20
Anusara® Yoga has long been known and respected for its high quality teacher training program, which begins with 100 hours of Anusara Immersion and continues with the 100-h Level 1 Anusara Teacher Training. The two together comprise an integrated 200-h Teacher Training program. After completing it, one can apply for the Anusara Elements license and register with the Yoga Alliance of the U.S. at the 200 Hour level.
The Level 1 Teacher Training is totally dedicated to the art and skill of teaching yoga asana, using the Anusara technique that has proven to be so powerful and clear. Some main topics of the Teacher Training are teaching with a class theme, teaching the Universal Principles of Alignment, observation and adjustments, sequencing, instructing the poses with skill and clarity, and finding your own voice as a yoga teacher, all within the context of living and sharing a life of yoga. The main technique of the Teacher Training is the trainer demonstrates and explains a teaching skill, then the students practice teaching it in pairs, small groups, and eventually to the entire class.
In the 100 hours of class time of the Teacher Training, we will:
- Develop our yoga asana practice, getting stronger and more flexible while practicing all the Level 1 poses and trying some more challenging ones, all with the support of the Universal Principles of Alignment
- Learn the elements of teaching, including talking students into a pose, observing students and making adjustments, guiding students through meditation and breathing exercises, taking the seat of the teacher, how teaching with a theme can connect us to our heart and inspire our practice, etc.
- Know our bodies more deeply and safely through anatomy discussion and the therapeutic power of the Universal Principles of Alignment
- Study one of the oldest traditions on earth, the yoga tradition, including its foundations and its pinnacle in the philosophy of non-dual Tantra, a vision and practice that is ideal for this modern world
Who might enjoy doing a Teacher Training in Anusara Yoga?
- Anyone who wants to take their hatha yoga practice to the next level, and the next and the next, with the support of the Universal Principles of Alignment of Anusara yoga and an amazing yoga community that we call the kula.
- Anyone who seeks to experience the divine within the human heart through the effortless and natural practice of meditation.
- Current teachers of yoga who want to learn a new style of yoga that is grounded in tradition and at the same time, in tune with the modern world.
- Those who want to become hatha yoga teachers and are looking for a training program that is comprehensive and based on the finest principles of teaching available today.
If you would like to receive more information about the 100-h Teacher Training or receive an application, please email Silke at email@example.com
Content of Teacher Training in 2019-2020
Teacher Training Part 1: Foundations
- The auspicious role of being a yoga teacher
- Talking students into and out of a pose using simple, clear instructions
- Connecting major movements with the breath
- Teaching Anusara’s Universal Principles of Alignment
- Creating a class plan
- Introduction to teaching with a theme
- Preparing for class: organizing the space, welcoming, sacred space
- First steps in observation
Teacher Training Part 2: Refinement
- Teaching a class from beginning to end and all steps in between
- Sequencing a class
- Teaching a pose systematically
- Integrating the theme into postural instructions
- More about teaching the Universal Principles of Alignment
- Studying individual asanas
- Teaching the main classes of poses
- Developing our observation skills
- Verbal adjustments and physical adjustments
Teacher Training Part 3: Expansion
- The Seat of the Teacher
- Teaching a Class Systematically
- Demonstration skills
- Refining all of our teaching skills
- Other guidelines for verbal instructions
- Yoga Therapeutics
- Practical application: teaching part of a class with generous feedback
Sept 28-29, 2019
Nov 14-17 with Jackie Prete: ” Teaching with a Theme”
March 12-15 with Jayendra Hanley: Final Teacher Training Weekend
Daily Schedule: 9:30 – 1 pm and 2:30 –5:30 pm
Teacher Training fee:
- € 1500 if paid in full by September 1, 2019
- Returning students who have already taken a 100-hour Anusara Teacher Training are invited to take it again at half price.
- Payment in installments is also possible totalling to 1650 €: 3 x 550 € payments: payable before Sept 1, Nov 1, Jan 1, 2020
Our main text will be The Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Manual, which is available in various languages at www.anusarayoga.com. Copies will be available at the Tree of Life Studio for 20 Euros.
Teacher Training Application: There is an application for the Teacher Training. It is short and easy to fill out. Please ask Silke for one at firstname.lastname@example.org and then e-mail your application to her. You can also talk with her about payment information.
Teacher Training location: The Tree of Life Yoga in Tervuren www.treeoflifeyoga.be
Language: The Teacher Training will be in English.
Bonus Retreat with Jaye Martin March 27 – 29, 2020
Courtenay and I are organising a weekend retreat for Jaye Martin at the Chateau Frandeux in the Belgian Ardennes. For all 200 h teacher training graduates for this current teacher Training at the TREE, Jaye offers a 75% discount on his teaching fees in a double shared room. The discounted total is 290 (Accomodation, food, discounted teaching fee, 21% VAT included). A supplement of 20 Euros applies for a single room and a supplement of 40 Euros applies for a single room with private bathroom.