200 Hour Anusara Teacher Training
October 3, 2020 @ 9:00 am - May 9, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
Join us on our next Anusara 200hr Teacher Training course for a journey of self discovery. Our teacher training is a place to nurture and cultivate resilience, strength, empathy, connection and compassion – all qualities that we need in our lives and in our community right now.
The Anusara 200hr Part-Time programme is made up of two distinct 100 hour courses, each with its own distinct curriculum. Both courses are superbly designed to bring the student on a journey of self-enquiry, deepening of personal practice and learning how to teach what you know and understand in a clear and empowering way.
In this programme we will complete the Immersion and move directly to Teacher Training.
100 Hour Immersion includes:-
Yoga is so much more than simply moving on your mat, it is a potent means for self-discovery and requires that the practitioner has courage to open up not only the physical body but the heart and mind too. In this part-time training we offer space and guidance to do just that while going deeper into the practice and learning.
In this introduction to the basic philosophy, alignment principles and practice of Anusara yoga, we will study and explore:
-Universal Principles of Alignment™ – technique, lectures and asana practice
-Pranayama and Meditation
-Anatomy and Physiology
-Journaling and contemplation
100 Hour Teacher Training
Anusara yoga offers students, teachers and trainees one of the best yoga teacher training an opportunities in the world. Students will use the skills and knowledge acquired in the Immersion and add to that key teaching skills that will help them grow into wonderful confident yoga teachers.
After completion of the Immersion course students can move onto the Teacher Training where you will study and explore:
-Universal Principles of Alignment™
-Pranayama and Meditation Practice
-Philosophy and Lifestyle
-Anatomy & Physiology
–Teaching Skills – teaching systematically, giving effective instructions, observation, demonstration, teaching what you know
-Adjustments and Assisting
Due to the current Government guidelines (Ireland), we have amended how we run our Teacher Training course. With restrictions now stating that only 5 students and 1 teacher can be in a room for ‘exercise’ it is no longer viable to hold the course in person only. We are offering an option to join and train in person here at Ard Nahoo or join us via Live Stream Online from the comfort of your own home.
Join us for study, practice and play. Come as you are, we would love to meet you.
- Applicants for the 200 hour programme must have a practice and understanding of yoga from attending weekly classes and/or having a home practice. It is difficult to say in terms of ‘years of practice’ how many are required as everybody starts at a different point and learns at a different rate. We will have telephone interviews and assess the suitability of each person individually.
- Application form including photo of student in Trikonasana (Triangle), Adho Mukha Svanasana (Dog head down) and Sukasana (easy sitting or other sitting pose) must be submitted. Please do not be intimidated by the photos, they are only needed to give us an idea of your sense of alignment in practice. If you are able to come and meet us on one of our open days or another time that suits then there will be no need for photos.
- Before the course begins you must complete a 6 Week Beginners Anusara Yoga Course online via YogaBubble. The course can be taken in your own time and you will have access to 6 Ansuara Yoga Classes and Tutorials. Details on how to register for this course gifted from us will be sent once you pay your deposit.
- A love of yoga, stamina and a strong work ethic
- 12 x Weekends tuition – Saturday and Sunday – 9am – 3.30pm
- Recorded lectures to be taken prior to live meetups (in your own time)
- 12 x Anusara Level 2 Asana classes. These can be attended live or recordings will be available to watch in your own time
Upcoming 2020/21 programmes dates as follows:
3rd – 4th October 2020
24th – 25th October 2020
7th – 8th November 2020
21st – 22nd November 2020
5th – 6th December 2020
12 – 13th December 2020
9th – 10th January 2021
6th – 7th February 2021
20th – 21st February 2021
6th – 7th March 2021
17th – 18th April 2021
8th – 9th May 2021
October 2nd 2020 – May 2021
Non-refundable Booking Deposit of €500 required to secure place
Includes Anusara School of Hatha Yoga Fee, 2.5% : €83.75
Pay Deposit €500
€1,500 due on 30th September
€1,434 due on 25th February