- This event has passed.
200H ANUSARA® YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAMME (PART-TIME) at Ard Nahoo with Noeleen Tyrrell
October 4, 2019 - May 17, 2020
The Anusara 200hr Part-Time programme is made up of two distinct 100 hour courses, each with its own distinct curriculum. Both courses are superbly designed to bring the student on a journey of self-enquiry, deepening of personal practice and learning how to teach what you know and understand in a clear and empowering way. In this programme we will complete the Immersion and move directly to Teacher Training.
PT100I – Anusara Yoga Immersion Course
Our Anusara Yoga 100 Hour Immersion is an invitation to anyone who wishes to go deeper into their own practice and understanding of all things yoga.
Yoga is so much more than simply moving on your mat, it is a potent means for self-discovery and requires that the practitioner has courage to open up not only the physical body but the heart and mind too. In this part-time training we offer space and guidance to do just that while going deeper into the practice and learning.
In this introduction to the basic philosophy, alignment principles and practice of Anusara yoga, we will study and explore:
- Universal Principles of Alignment™ – technique, lectures and asana practice
- Yoga Philosophy
- Pranayama and Meditation
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Journaling and contemplation
The Immersion is a pre-requisite for registration in the Anusara Teacher Training!
Next part time course starts October, 2019
PT100T – Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Course
Anusara yoga offers students, teachers and trainees one of the best yoga teacher training an opportunities in the world. Students will use the skills and knowledge acquired in the Immersion and add to that key teaching skills that will help them grow into wonderful confident yoga teachers.
After completion of the Immersion course students can move onto the Teacher Training where you will study and explore:
- Universal Principles of Alignment™
- Asana Practice
- Pranayama and Meditation Practice
- Philosophy and Lifestyle
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching Skills – teaching systematically, giving effective instructions, observation, demonstration, teaching what you know
- Teaching Meditation
- Adjustments and Assisting
- Teaching Practice
- Yoga Business
- Applicants for the 200 hour programme must have a practice and understanding of yoga from attending weekly classes and/or having a home practice. It is difficult to say in terms of ‘years of practice’ how many are required as everybody starts at a different point and learns at a different rate. We will have telephone interviews and assess the suitability of each person individually.
- Application form including photo of student in Trikonasana (Triangle), Adho Mukha Svanasana (Dog head down) and Sukasana (easy sitting or other sitting pose) must be submitted. Please do not be intimidated by the photos, they are only needed to give us an idea of your sense of alignment in practice. If you are able to come and meet us on one of our open days or another time that suits then there will be no need for photos.
- A love of yoga, stamina and a strong work ethic
9am – 6pm with an hour for lunch. Timetable for residential retreat will differ.
Other Programme Info
Current 2018/19 programme’s remaining dates as follows:
20th – 24th February 2019 (5 day residential)
22nd – 24th March 2019
12th – 14th April 2019
18th – 19th May 2019 (2 days)
Upcoming 2019/20 programmes dates as follows:
4th – 6th October 2019
1st – 3rd November 2019
29th November – 1st December 2019
10th – 12th January 2020
19th – 23rd February 2020 (5 day residential)
20th – 22nd March 2020
24th – 26th April 2020
16th – 17th May 2020 (2 days)
Anusara® School of Hatha Yoga (ASHY) – upon successful completion of the course students may register with ASHY as an Elements Teacher.
Ard Nahoo is a registerd yoga school with Yoga Alliance Professionals & Yoga Alliance US – upon successful completion of the course students may register with either body.
October 4th 2019 – May 2020
Fee: €3,434.00 (early bird €3,127 if paid in full by June 30th 2019)
Non-refundable Booking Deposit of €500 required to secure place
Includes Anusara School of Hatha Yoga Fee, 2.5% : €83.75 (€76.35 Early Bird)
€1,500 due on 30th September
€1,434 due on 25th February
Includes all tuition and 5 day residential training (including meals on residential). Classes take place at Ard Nahoo Eco Retreat, Dromahair, Co. Leitrim. Course manuals and books are extra (approx. €100).
Special student rate accommodation is available in our award winning Eco Cabins if needed. This is shared ‘hostel style’, meaning there are shared cooking and bathroom facilities. These are reduced student rates and do not include extras that come when one rents an entire Eco Cabin privately.