- This event has passed.
300-hour Advanced Anusara Yoga Teacher Training with Kathy Simonik
January 6, 2018 - November 17, 2018
October 2017 through December 2018
Taught in modules. Kathy Simonik, lead teacher. (Kathy is one of only 21 Anusara Certified Instructors in the world approved to teach the 500 hour Advanced Training.)
• The combination of the prior completed 200 hour Teacher Training, and this 300 hour training comprise an integrated 500-hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum. Prior 200 hour RYT requirements must be met.
• Previous grads of any Anusara 200 hr yoga teacher training are welcome
• Applicants who received their 200 RYT from another school are welcome, and will be required to take a mini-course to brief them on the Anusara methodology which this training is based on.
Curriculum Topics Include:
• Teaching with a Theme **
• Advanced Sequencing **
• Teaching the Universal Principles of Alignment **
• Observations & Adjustments **
• Functional Anatomy as it applies to Yoga & Therapeutic Applications**
• Philosophy **
• Teaching Meditation **
• Teaching Pranayama **
• Women & Yoga, Prenatal Yoga **
• Yoga for Seniors **
• Modifications and Yoga for Injuries
• Working with the Private Client
• Wall Yoga
• The Business of Yoga
• Yin/Restorative Yoga
• Teaching Basics
• Yoga for Scoliosis
• Nutrition and Holistic Health
• Anusara Methodology **
• Mentoring Program **
• Attend your choice of 20 total hours of Pulsation Yoga workshops from an approved list
** 11 required modules
Meets on average 3 days per month: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, varies each month. Average of 18 hours per month, including non contact hours. For the complete detailed schedule email
Split between both our locations:
Arlington Heights and Lake Zurich
Specifics of The Curriculum and Program:
• You are required to fulfill all 300 hours to receive your
500 RYT certification
• There are 11 required modules. Full attendance is required to pass the course. There are additional ‘elective’ hours needed to complete all 300.
If something prevents you from taking one of the required modules
a) You may make up the module in the next session,
b) You can feel free to repeat any of the non required modules to go deeper with our approval,
c) You may re-take any part or all of the immersions (offered in early 2018) and count these hours toward your electives.
• The additional 20 hours of required workshops must be taken at our studio from a pre-approved list. The workshops will be 1.5-3 hours each session and must be pre-registered and pre-paid prior. (as an addition to the overall tuition)
• Books not included in tuition.
• There will be required readings, homework and periodic tests you will need to satisfactorily complete.
• Teachers and students who wish to take single modules may do so. Inquire about our cost per module.
• A minimum of 10 students per module are required. If the minimum is not met, we may delay or reschedule that module start date to meet our minimum, which may lengthen the course slightly. We will do our best to stick with the advertised schedule.
$4150 tuition for the course
$350 Mentoring Program (required)
20 total hours of approved Pulsation Yoga workshops as electives from a pre-approved list – required as part of the training – These workshops must be pre-registered and paid for, and are considered an addition to the tuition and mentoring.
Includes a 10-pack of yoga (valued at $150) (this package restricted to Jim or Kathy’s class and must be taken during the training session) discounted workshops, and additionally discounted class packages for the duration of the training.
A $500 deposit secures your spot into the full training.
Application and interview are required.
Payment plan available:
• $500 deposit required and a signed contract. Payments will be set up in an auto debit program.
• 4 installments due Oct 15, Jan 15, April 15 and Aug 15 of $1240 each (in addition to the pre-paid deposit)
What makes Pulsation Yoga Teacher Training stand out?
• Excellent Reviews: rated 4.8 out of 5 stars by Yoga Alliance
• Instructors with over a decade in the field of teacher training
• Opportunity to learn from nationally recognized teachers at workshops and continuing education within our studio
The Faculty: Lead Teacher Kathy Simonik,
including sessions and electives with multiple master instructors at the 500 hour level including: Marc Holzman, Ross Rayburn, Desiree Rumbaugh Gabriel Halpern, Kathleen Rankhorn and more.
Pulsation Yoga co-owner Kathy Simonik is a certified Anusara Instructor and E-RYT 500. She is one of only 13 Anusara Certified Teachers in the world to be approved to teach this 500 hour level advanced Anusara Training.
She has been leading her teacher training for over 8 years, teaching and practicing yoga since 2002. Kathy has completed more than 2,000 hours in Anusara studies with John Friend and other certified Anusara instructors. Her studies have garnered extensive knowledge in alignment and therapeutic-oriented yoga postures.
email to: email@example.com or call 847-767-5960
Training will be split between both our locations: Arlington Heights: 26 S. Evergreen, Evergreen Center (re locating to 17 E. Miner July 22, 2017) and Lake Zurich: 729 W Rt 22
pulsationyoga.com • 847-989-7792