Anusara 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training program in Ireland with Noeleen Tyrrell
July 4, 2019 - March 1, 2021
Taking part in this empowering programme will help you deepen your practice and further develop and refine your teaching skills. This is the next step in your yoga education and is for any yoga teacher or trainee who wants to grow in confidence and skill.
We are dedicated to offering all our students and guest teachers the space, opportunity and freedom to be the best version of themselves that they can be. We will do this by providing a top quality yoga learning environment with some of the best teachers from around Ireland and the world. This training builds on and develops further both your personal practice and your skills as a teacher. We offer you further ‘yoga tools’ to enrich your own lives and to make this world a better place through the sharing of the practice in the greater community.
This Advanced Teacher Training offers you the opportunity to:
- Develop your understanding and practice of asana in a structured and comprehensive way
- Refine and expand your knowledge and practice of anatomy and alignment
- Audit and refine your current teaching skills
- Teach yoga with anatomy and alignment as the focus and starting point
- Shine a light on and improve your teaching skills so that you can become more effective as a teacher
- Learn and improve teaching skills and confidence in key areas – Sequencing, Adjustments, Observation, Theming and leadership
- Learn how to create powerful and well-structured class plans and courses
- Understand the common causes of injury and the means of prevention
- Understand Yoga and its scope as a therapy
- Take an in depth look at the theory and practice of Restorative Yoga
- Develop your connection to understanding of the Subtle Body and improve your confidence to teach the more subtle practices including mantra and meditation
- Explore pranayama and build an authentic connection to your breath
- Study yoga philosophy with one of the worlds leading scholars
- Immerse yourself in the ancient and sacred scripts and texts and find tools to help you and others live happier lives
- Explore yoga ethics and lifestyle
- Take time for contemplation, planning and building the type of future that you dream of. Create a ‘real life’ strategy that aligns with your vision. Examine money, pricing, marketing and the whole enchilada.
- Have fun learning with some of the best yoga teachers in the world
- Develop and shine as a person, yogi and teacher
Upon completion graduates will:
- Master fundamental teaching skills
- Advance their practice of asana and the more subtle practices
- Have a well grounded understanding of the tradition, philosophy and history of yoga
- Have a deeper understanding of bio mechanics of movement
- Have many new skills to offer their students/communities
- Be a more confident and skilled teacher
This course is a Post-Graduate programme for those who have completed an accredited 200 hour training programme, either at Ard Nahoo Yoga School or elsewhere.
The programme format will mostly be 3-day modules when we start on Friday and finish on Sunday but there are also some 5-day modules where will cover 40 hours – starting on Wednesday and finishing on Sunday. There may be some exceptions, so please check the exact individual modules schedule for details (e.g. Graduation weekend and some guest appearances).
All 5 day modules are 40 hours (Wednesday – Sunday 9am – 6pm).
Weekend modules vary between 16 – 24 hours
- You will begin your +300 hours with 288 onsite/contact hours training over the year from March 2019 to March 2020. Please note that when you compare 300 hour courses it is wise to ask what are the contact hours. Many 300 hour courses have as little as 150 hours class room training as this is the minimum required if the course is registered with Yoga Alliance UK.
- Non-contact Hours – The remaining hours will be made up as follows:
- Teaching: It is a requirement that you teach your own classes and workshops. Noeleen will support you with any issues or questions as they arise. This can be done by email or by phone.
- Project: Making an in depth study on a subject of your choice. Researching, writing and presenting your findings. Usually this takes the form of a 1.5-2 hour workshop which you present to the group and is open to the external Ard Nahoo yoga community.
- Reading– deepening your knowledge of key areas such as Anatomy and Philosophy
Other Programme Info
- Award winning Ard Nahoo has been offering yoga and wellbeing retreats, classes and teacher trainings for over 17 years
- Principal teacher Noeleen Tyrrell will be joined by great teachers both from Ireland and around the world to deliver this exciting programme. This is a one of a kind opportunity to go deeper into your own practice and to bring your yoga education to the next level.
- Join us in this beautiful purpose built yoga environment enveloped by a landscape that invites inspiration, contemplation, awe and creativity.
- This training provides the gateway for taking your love of teaching and all things yoga to the next stage of depth, integration and understanding. This is an opportunity and invitation to you to develop and refine your skills and understanding both in your practice and in your teaching
- Modules can be taken as trainings in their own right and qualify for CPD points or as part of the whole programme.
|Module 1||1st – 3rd March2019||Fundamentals of Yoga Teaching with Noeleen Tyrrell||Noeleen Tyrrell|
|Module 2||27th – 31st March 2019||Universal Principles of Alignment and the Art of teaching with a theme||Noeleen Tyrrell with guest teacher Jayendra Hanley|
|Module 3||24th – 26th May2019||Functional Anatomy & Asana Lab||Noeleen Tyrrell with guest teacher Jeannine Plaiche|
|Module 4||7th – 9th June 2019||Philosphy and Secret Heart Anusara Yoga Festival||Bill Mahony (USA) and Noeleen Tyrrell Also plenty of practice with great teachers including Brigit Woods Kramer, Sarah Powell and more|
|Module 5||4th – 7th July 2019||Refining the Art of teaching – Sequencing, Observation and Adjustments||Noeleen Tyrrell with guest teacher Jaye Martin|
|Module 6||13th -15th September 2019||Restorative Yoga||Noeleen Tyrrell|
|Module 7||25th – 27th October 2019||Women and Yoga (Sat) and Yoga for Seniors (Sun)||Noeleen Tyrrell|
|Module 8||15th – 17th November 2019||Introduction to Yoga Therapy & Project Design||Noeleen Tyrrell|
|Module 9||13th – 15th December 2019||Anusara Methodology and Co- Mentoring||Noeleen Tyrrell|
|Module 10Module 11||30th January – 2nd February 202028th February – 1st March 2020||Sadhana -Advanced Asana , Pranayama and Meditation Training Retreat for yoga teachersFinal weekend – Graduation||Noeleen Tyrrell|
JAYENDRA HANLEY E-RYT500
Jayendra began practicing hatha yoga and meditation a long time ago, and is amazed at how we continue to learn and grow in our practice, teaching, and in all of life. He is from the U.S., and has lived in Europe the last 12 years, where he has taught approximately twenty Immersions and Teacher Trainings in the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and England. He lives in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, where he teaches at Bindi Yoga Studio. Since ASHY got started he has been assisting European teachers through the certification process, and for the last two years, he has served as co-coordinator of the Anusara Curriculum team. The group created an amazing curriculum for new 300-Hour Advanced Teacher Training. Since Anusara began in 1997, he has been studying the core elements of Anusara methodology, and it’s a pleasure to take that knowledge to the next level through the ATT. Also, as a student of Paul Mueller-Ortega’s Shaiva Tantra and Neelakantha Meditation, he really enjoy sharing the practice of meditation and the whole spectrum of yoga philosophy.
Jayendra will be joining us at Ard Nahoo for the second Module in March, 27th-31st.
JEANNINE PLAICHE, E-RYT500
Bill works internationally with the yoga community in leading workshops and retreats on the cultivation and refinement of the spiritual life. He is known for his warm, lively and compassionate teaching style that is accessible to contemporary yoga students at all levels.
In these workshops and retreats, Bill integrates his knowledge of Indian philosophy gained through his discerning and informed scholarly study with insights refined through over four decades of his own yogic practice. He shares with participants what he himself experiences to be expansive and transforming wisdom held in texts he studies, and he guides participants in ways they can fruitfully apply these perspectives in their own lives. Bill’s teaching style is oriented toward sustained group discussion and includes periods of meditation.
Bill Will be joining us at Ard Nahoo for Module 4, at The Secret Heart Anusara Yoga Festival From the7th – 9th of June 2019.
JAYE MARTIN, E-RYT 500
Join Noeleen and Jaye for a 4 day training that will boost your teaching skills and confidence. Both teachers have been practicing since the early 1990’s and have a wealth of knowledge and skill to share with you. The atmosphere will be welcoming and we will have lots of fun while working hard.Every day will start with a dynamic practice led by Jaye and while not suitable for beginners those classes are open to everyone.
Krama – the Sanskrit word for sequencing. Literally ‘a way of proceeding, an uninterrupted regular progress or theory, progressing step by step, the power or strength of something’
We will cover;
- Key sequencing principles
- Ways to sequence an Anusara class – Potpourri class, Peak Pose class etc.
- Review sequencing in relation to class theme
- Sequencing for a specific class of poses
- Key actions and key principles needed
- How to prepare for a peak pose
- Counterposing after a peak pose
- Sequencing for various Levels of students
- Beginning Level Class
- Mixed Level Class – leave nobody behind
- Intermediate/Advanced class
- Creating course Curriculum
- Learn a systematic intelligent method for sequencing
- Boost their creative skills and their confidence
- Create plans and teach their peers
We will explore;
- When and why to adjust
- Verbal v’s Physical adjustment
- Ethics and considerations of physical touch
- The Art of Touch
- Building confidence and skills that enrich the experience for the student
- Common misalignments across the different categories of poses and how to adjust
- Learn the art of effective and confident adjustments
- Learn when adjustments are appropriate
- Practice with peers
Assisting & Partner work
We will explore;
- Working with students as ‘demo’ model
- Creative ways of working with partners to enhance the learning experience for your students
- Learn how to safely assist each other in various asana
- Build confidence and skill to physically support others
We offer various options for attendance:
Full 4 Day Programme:
Including all classes/workshops and teacher sessions €525
Bespoke Yoga Retreat :
Get away for 2 nights and attend 2 of the morning 2 hour workshops (does not include the teacher sessions) – including 2 nights shared student accommodation in Eco Cabins €190
Morning Workshops 2 hours: €30 / €25 EARLY BIRD until June 10th
Full Day Training: €130 / €120 EARLY BIRD until June 10th
Available in our shared self-catering eco-cabins:
1 night €35 – 2 nights €30 per night – 3+ nights €25 per night
- Cancellation of a training course 4 weeks before start date 50% to total course fee will be due
- Cancellation of a training course less than 4 weeks before start date 100% to total course fee will be due
- We strongly advise that clients take out travel insurance to cover any costs associated with having to cancel a holiday.
- To avail of our Early bird option, payments must be made in full at time of booking up to given date.
Upon satisfactory completion of the course, (including all projects listed above) and final exam graduates will receive a 300 Hour Anusara Advanced Teacher Training Certificate from Anusara School of Hatha Yoga. This course is registered with Yoga Alliance.
Modules can be taken as trainings in their own right and qualify for CPD points or as part of the whole programme.
1st March 2019 – 1st March 2020
Fee: €4,460.00 / €3,995 Early Bird offer if paid for in full by 1st February 2019
Non-refundable Booking Deposit of €500 required to secure place
Special student rate accommodation is available if needed. €35 per night if staying for one night or €30 per night for 2 nights or more (Please note: this is not regular eco-cabin rental and the same conditions do not apply).
Please contact Ard Nahoo directly to book student accommodation as required.