Bond of Asana: Upper Arm & Shoulders- Advanced Practitioners and Teachers Online Course with Julia Pearring
April 8, 2023 @ 8:00 am - June 2, 2023 @ 5:00 pm425USD
8 week online course to advance your asana practice.
Learn to work with your breath as you bear weight on your arms and shoulders. Release unnecessary tension in your upper limbs to gain more fluidity and joyful movement in your neck. Gain the full expression of your upper limbs as an extension into the world from your own heart.
Areas of focus include: upper arm, shoulder joint (socket), the shoulder girdle and its connection to the torso.
DEEP DIVE track: suitable for intermediate and advanced practitioners and yoga teachers
Using our own bodies and our own processes, we connect to and deepen our understanding of what happens during our asana practice, from the physical level through to the esoteric level.
Together, we explore how to distinguish and orient within one area of our body and how those individual movements are integrated into full body movement.
A 100hr Anusara Yoga Immersion or the equivalent (a basic understanding of Anusara Yoga) is required. Participants must apply to this track to be considered.
- 8 weeks of guided multimedia presentations (video, audio, and pdfs) with Julia, including anatomy explorations, unlocking movement videos, Sanskrit study, meditation, and more.
- 4 live asana classes with Julia (75 minutes), plus 2 guided exploration sessions to expand and discover the materials for yourself (75 minutes).
- 2 live Q&A sessions with Julia (75 minutes).
- Two options each week to join the live sessions- Thursdays 6:00pm EST or Fridays 12:30pm EST
- Robust do-it-at-your-own-pace home practice, including visual supports, anatomy guides, journal exercises, and individual reflection.
- An in-depth exploration and integration of the Anusara Yoga method to deepen your practice.
- Open online discussions to connect with and learn from the community, plus continuous support from Julia.
- 10 Yoga Alliance CE hours, and 10 elective hours toward Anusara Yoga 300hr Advanced Teacher Training Certification