Functional Anatomy for Anusara Yoga with Jayendra Hanley
January 14, 2023 - February 26, 2023360USD
What are the Anatomy and Kinesiology principles behind the Anusara Universal Principles of Alignment? In this training, we go in-depth into how and why the Anusara Universal Principles of Alignment™ work, from the perspective of the form and function of the human body.
In this training, we will:
- Learn all we need to know in order to teach and do a safe, yet powerful asana practice
- Study how the parts of the body work together in the practice of yoga postures
- Present the main movements possible in a human body, for example, flexion, extension, twisting, and asymmetrical poses (one leg forward and one back). With each main movement, we’ll discuss and practice these primary teaching skills:
- Knowledge of the primary and secondary places of movement in these main classes of poses
- Key observation points and verbal adjustments to get into a safe pose
- Key actions to teach
- Main precautions
- Explain the anatomy behind the main movements of the body and behind the UPAs by focusing on the anatomy of the major joints
- How to deal with some of the most common conditions we face in our practice
*** A training called “Therapeutic Applications of Anusara Yoga” will follow this one, in January – March 2023. This course is a prerequisite for that one.
All classes are offered live stream on Zoom
- Weekend sessions will include breakout rooms for small group discussion, connection, and practice in teaching with the UPAs.
- All classes will be recorded and available for you to download.
- Included in the tuition are weekly online asana classes with Jayendra.
- Eight 3-hour sessions on Saturdays and Sundays: January 14-15, 21-22, February 18-19, 25-26
- 11:00 – 2:00 EST, 16:00 – 19:00 Ireland/UK, 17:00 – 20:00 Europe
- BONUS – weekly asana classes with Jayendra via Zoom. These classes will demonstrate what we are learning during the Sunday sessions. They will be recorded in case you cannot attend livestream.