MAyurveda: Living Ayurveda for Women Online Course with Jessica Jennings
February 21, 2019 - April 4, 2019
A 6-session weekly online course starting February 21st, 2019.
This is good for 18 elective hours toward your 300 hour training.
Jessica Jennings, MS, ERYT, RYPT
Founder, Ma Yoga® for Pregnancy, Motherhood & Beyond and Ma Yoga Living™
The oldest and most comprehensive health and wellness system still in use today, Ayurveda is 5000 years old and means “the study of life.” Many of its simple practices we’ve never heard of, and yet make up the contents of what to me is a manual for having a body.
This teleseminar is crafted for yoga teachers who want to know how to take care of ourselves off the mat.
As an instructor, we are part of people’s health care team, and we often hear questions such as:
- I’m not sleepingwell. What can I do?
- I am having digestiveissues. Are there foods I shouldn’t be eating?
- I want to have a baby. Is there anything I can do to get ready?
- I had a baby and never fully recovered. How can I heal?
- I have a lot of stressfrom my job and I don’t have a lot of spare time. What are the most effective ways to calm the nervous system?
In the MAyurveda course, you’ll learn how to:
- Use food and spice as medicine for you, your students and your loved ones
- Know someone’s unique constitution and move toward balance and vitality, based on what’s happening in their life
- Incorporate simple but deep self-care routines called “Anchor Practices” that shift your energy back into your center, help your skin be soft and glowy and your mind be clear
- Create a daily rhythm that supports everyone’s natural energy flow
- Apply Ayurvedic principles to physiological and psychological conditions throughout the life cycle using women’s bodies as our basis, including children, menstruation, pregnancy, and postpartum
The MAyurveda course course fulfills the Ayurveda requirements for the Ma Yoga®/Yoga Alliance Prenatal Certification (RPYT). The course comes with six eCoursebooks for reference, and students may watch or listen to recordings if they can’t be there live.