Therapeutic Applications of Anusara Yoga – Online training with Adam Ballenger
November 6, 2021 @ 8:30 am - December 5, 2021 @ 4:30 pm420USD
What you will learn and practice
During this 24h training with Adam, Anusara students and teachers will be able to study and practice:
- How to apply the Universal Principles of Alignment (UPAs) in various therapeutic situations
- The philosophical context for therapeutic applications of Anusara yoga in non-dual Tantra
- A review of the major movements and actions found in yoga asana, including major joint functions and general principles of kinesiology
- Practice in developing observation skills so that we can identify therapeutic needs for individual students, and how to develop a class plan for students who have therapeutic needs, in both a public and private class setting
- Safe verbal and manual therapy techniques (i.e., cueing and touching a client in a therapeutic way) and describe the goal of therapeutic cueing and touch within the context of asana
- How to identify what “progress” means in terms of yoga therapeutics and how to track progress so that client expectations can be managed.
High Value Knowledge
Of high value and practical benefit, the the training comes with ASHY’s Manual which includes a section called “Therapeutic Applications.” In this section, 9 areas of the body are expertly reviewed including:
- basic anatomy,
- common conditions,
- points of observation,
- key UPAs and actions,
- and contraindications.
The manual also includes a detailed “toolbox” or list of asanas and exercises that the teacher can choose from to help their students reduce pain or discomfort and allow their Light to shine.
420 USD (360 EUR) + 35 USD + shipping for the manual
You can save 10% off the 420 USD if you register and pay before October 15th, 2021.
For registration please contact Julia via email: email@example.com.
We will meet online via zoom on Saturdays and Sundays:
Nov 6th: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. NYT (13:30 – 21:30 CEST)
Nov 7th: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. NYT (15:30 – 22.30 CEST) – time change in the US!!
Dec 4th: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. NYT (14:30 – 22:30 CEST)
Dec 5th: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. NYT (15:30 – 22.30 CEST)
A little about Adam
There is a lot to tell about Adam’s story, he’s quite an interesting fellow with quite a history. The short of it is, he’s a kind and loving, ongoing learner, with a passion for life and a passion for sharing what he can to help others.
Although Adam’s been into sports since he was about 4 years old, and with an undergraduate background in exercise science, physiology and kinesiology, and graduate work in kinesiology, it may be more interesting at at just under 50, Adam’s been doing yoga for almost 30 years.
In that 30 years, Adam has been extremely fortunate to learn from, practice with, so many gifted folks. Along the way, he’s self taught and had formal studies in meditation, mindfulness, and numerous movement styles to.
In addition to all this great stuff, Adam’s a lucky father and a proud husband. Adam has a unique sense humor, with a lite hearted view of life in all it’s twisted turns and adventures.
Adam teaches internationally from mainland China, to Germany, Argentina to North America, Taiwan to the Netherlands, and more. Let’s just say, he might be one of the premier, sought after international instructors you havn’t heard of.