The Operations Team works hard to keep in touch with you and continuously improve the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga.
COVID-19 has affected all of us in difficult and beautiful ways that have brought many of us closer to soften the edges and move forward together. As two teachers remarked recently,
- “I have felt the most connected to the School and the Kula in the past month more than I have in the past 10 years.”
- “I am able to take classes with my Anusara friends and teachers all over the world.”
Here are highlights from the first 3 months of 2020:
Response to COVID-19
- A letter from Anusara School of Hatha Yoga Board President John Seelye was translated into 4 languages, emailed to teachers, put on the website and distributed by Country Coordinators.
- John Seelye offered a meditation for our global kula on Sunday, March 22.
- The Operations Team and volunteers created a platform on the School’s website to share live or recorded classes in 6 languages and a form for teachers to continue to submit their offerings.
- The School is being flexible regarding payment of 2020 license renewals by offering deferments and payment plans.
- The Operations Team is helping teachers set up online classes.
Efforts to Stay Connected to Country Kulas
- Board President John Seelye and Operations Team Coordinator Kim Friedman met via Zoom with teachers in China and Spain.
- Kim met several times with teachers in Mexico. This resulted in the selection of Country Coordinators for Mexico, who are in the process of being trained.
- The Operations Team provided direct support to Country Coordinators through WhatsApp.
- The Operations Team started to use WeChat to stay more connected to the Anusara kula in China.
- Country coordinators served as an important resource for teachers in their country by answering questions, translating communications from the School, sharing updates through email and/or social media to their country’s Kula and learning more about how the School can support teachers.
- Cara Zaruba Butler, Director of Professional Development, held 3 live Zoom meetings (2 in English and 1 in Spanish) to discuss improvements in the Professional Development Department, including:
- the new Universal Class Assessment Form
- the NEW Bridge Program
- The Board of Directors and Operations Team made a concerted effort to explain the 2020 fee increases:
- Board President John Seelye wrote a letter to teachers, which was translated into several languages and distributed by Country Coordinators.
- Country Coordinators were available to answer teachers’ questions.
- Financial updates were posted to the Teachers’ Lounge.
Marketing and Communications
- New promotional card in English (which is in the process of being translated into other languages)
- New bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Direct emails and re-subscription efforts
- YouTube channel updates
- Increased use of Instagram and Facebook
- Document translations
- Recruitment of a public relations specialist (on hold until 2021 due to COVID-19)
- Opening of the School’s design program (Canva) to different countries
- Website improvements:
- Updated information
- Ongoing project to enhance use of the website’s translation capacity
- Improved Resource Page in the Teachers’ Lounge to contain all pertinent documents and forms in one place.
- Planning for Samavesha 2021 in Bath, United Kingdom
- Streamlining of the School’s events policy to facilitate more local and regional gatherings
- Online gatherings in Italy and Benelux (Netherlands and Belgium)
- Development of a clear path for teachers to understand the trainings and steps to achieve the next licensing level.
- Launch of the new Bridge Program
- Yoga Alliance USA announcement of online teacher trainings
- Samudra Shakti Online – free monthly continuing education lead by licensed Anusara teachers
- The School’s first online marketing class led by Certified teacher Kai Hill (Germany)
- The School’s first Business Plan, which sets a clear direction for the School’s growth
- Improved protection of Anusara’s intellectual property by establishing a new process for ordering manuals (starting in June—details to follow)
- More sophisticated uses of Mindbody Online to allow for enhanced reporting and data analysis
- Revised Immersion and Teacher Training manuals
- New 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training manual for students (rather than individual handouts)
- New manual regarding the therapeutic application of yoga
Questions? Concerns? Ideas?
Email Aline Franco Flores, Administrative Associate