The title of CATT is a professional title that certifies you to teach all or part of an Anusara Advanced Teacher Training. This is a great “next step” in the path of teaching excellence and we encourage you to consider applying.
Anusara CATT’s will have access to:
- The newly created Advanced Teacher Training curriculum and Student materials.
- The CATT Teachers’ Lounge which will include a forum\chat room for conversation, connection and collaboration with other CATT’s.
- Support and website presence on the ASHY website (in other words marketing).
- ASHY will upload your Advanced Teacher Training events onto the website.
An Anusara CATT will be able to offer their students:
- An excellent pathway to greater skill and art in teaching Anusara.
- A deep, broad and well-designed curriculum
- A pathway to Yoga Alliance 500 registration
- Preparation for Anusara certification.
To be an Anusara CATT truly designates you as a Master Teacher.
What are the prerequisites? Who can apply to be licensed as an Anusara CATT?
- Certified Anusara teachers who have taught at least five 100-Hour Immersions and five 100-Hour Teacher Trainings
- Even if you don’t have the full 5 Immersions and Teacher Trainings under your belt, we will be happy to consider your application. Some exceptions to this prerequisite may be made on a case by case basis. This could be true, for example, if there is only one certified teacher in an area and there are not enough students for continuous Immersions and Teacher Trainings.
- In addition to these prerequisites we will ask you to write us a short essay – telling us why you would like to apply and a bit about your teaching background and so on.
- There’s no application fee however if your application is approved, there will be a $250 annual license renewal – in addition to your Certification license renewal fee.
Subject Matter Specialists
If you have a subject that you are especially qualified to teach, but do not qualify as a CATT, please get in touch with us and we will send you an application.
Below are a few examples of subject areas for which we hope to receive applications:
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- The Business of Yoga
- Yoga for Triathletes
- Yoga for Athletes
- Yoga and Meditation for Children and Teens