The title of CATT is a professional title that certifies you to teach all or part of a 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training. This is a great “next step” in the path of teaching excellence and we encourage you to consider applying.
Anusara CATTs will have access to:
- The newly created 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training curriculum and Student materials
- The CATT Teachers’ Lounge, which will include a forum\chat room for conversation, connection and collaboration with other CATTs
- Support and website presence on the Anusra School of Hatha Yoga website (marketing)
- Uploading by our School staff of your 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training events to our School’s website
An Anusara CATT will be able to offer their students:
- An excellent pathway to greater skill and art in teaching Anusara
- A deep, broad and well-designed curriculum
- A pathway to Yoga Alliance 500 registration
- Preparation for Anusara certification.
To be an Anusara CATT truly designates you as a Master Teacher.
What are the prerequisites? Who can apply to be licensed as an Anusara CATT?
- Certified Anusara teachers who have taught at least five 100-Hour Immersions and five 100-Hour Teacher Trainings
- Even if you don’t have the full 5 Immersions and Teacher Trainings under your belt, we will be happy to consider your application. Some exceptions to this prerequisite may be made on a case by case basis. This could be true, for example, if there is only one certified teacher in an area and there are not enough students for continuous Immersions and Teacher Trainings.
- In addition to these prerequisites we will ask you to write us a short essay – telling us why you would like to apply and a bit about your teaching background and so on.
- There’s no application fee however if your application is approved, there will be a $250 annual license renewal – in addition to your Certification license renewal fee.
For more information, contact:
- CATTs in Europe: Contact Jayendra Hanley – firstname.lastname@example.org
- CATTs in Latin America, United States and Canada: Contact Denise Hatch – email@example.com
- CATTs in Asia: Contact Benjamin Finnerty – Benjaminfinnerty@yahoo.com
Ready to apply to become a CATT?
Subject Matter Specialists (SMS)
If you have a subject that you are especially qualified to teach but you do not qualify as a CATT, please get in touch with us and we will send you an application.
Below are a few examples of subject areas for which we hope to receive applications:
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- The Business of Yoga
- Yoga for Triathletes
- Yoga for Athletes
- Yoga and Meditation for Children and Teens
To apply as a SMS or learn more about our SMS program HERE
Have questions about the SMS program contact our School’s Curriculum Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org