Samavesha – To immerse one’s self into something one is already a part of, to unite with the whole that one was never separate from, to come together as one kula to learn, collaborate, practice, and grow.
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga is getting ready for the Samavesha Yoga Festival of 2020! We hope to see you all there!
Wednesday, September 23 through Sunday, September 27 (details to follow)
LOCATION OF THE EVENT
The Assembly Rooms, Bath, United Kingdom
Designed by John Wood the Younger in 1769 for entertainment, tea drinking and dancing, the Assembly Rooms were at the heart of fashionable Georgian society. When completed in 1771, they were described as ‘the most noble and elegant of any in the kingdom’. The rooms are conveniently located in the same building in the center of Bath. The venue consists of 3 main rooms and a fourth smaller room.
INFORMATION ABOUT BATH
Built for pleasure and relaxation, beautiful Bath has been a well-being destination since Roman times. The waters are still a big draw, both at the ancient Roman Baths and the thoroughly modern Thermae Bath Spa, which houses the only natural thermal hot springs in Britain you can bathe in.
Bath is the only city in Britain to enjoy UNESCO World Heritage status. Today, the city reflects 2,000 years of continuous habitation. Bath’s compact, visitor-friendly center is overflowing with places to eat and drink, plus some of the finest independent shops in Britain, making it the ideal city break. Immerse yourself in Bath’s remarkable collection of museums and galleries.
Bath’s stunning honey-coloured Georgian architecture is straight from a Jane Austen novel – highlights include the iconic Royal Crescent and the majestic Circus. There’s plenty to see beyond the city, too, with stunning Somerset countryside to explore, as well as attractions like Stonehenge and Avebury to name a few. Bath is located between the two largest Anusara Kula in the UK (London and Cornwall)
Take a virtual visit to Bath by clicking here.
GETTING TO BATH
Strategically located, the UK has excellent travel connections with the whole world. There are two mayor international airports close to London: Heathrow and Gatwick with direct flights to/from almost every city in the world. There are other smaller international airports throughout the country enhancing the UK’s connectivity further.
- The UK has an extensive transport network within the country (rail and buses) that provides flexible and easy connectivity between airports and the rest of the country.
- Most countries from all continents can travel visa free to the UK although visa requirements may vary. Countries like EU countries, US, Canada, Mexico and some South American countries will not need visas. Countries like China will need visa. Click here to check individual visa requirements.
London to Bath: 115 miles, 120 minutes by car, 85 minutes by train.
To accommodate local Kula from other cities:
- Bristol to Bath: 13 miles, 30 minutes by car, 12 minutes by train
- Birmingham to Bath: 100 miles, 90 minutes by car, 100 minutes by train
- Exeter to Bath: 105 miles, 110 minutes by car, 95 minutes by train
- Cardiff to Bath: 57 miles, 70 minutes by car, 65 minutes by train
- Cornwall to Bath: 189.3 miles, 196 minutes by car
Tickets will go on sale this summer. The School will announce the opening of registration via email and social media.
APPLICATIONS TO TEACH/PRESENT
Applications to teach/present at Samavesha 2020 will be available this summer. The School will announce the opening of the application period via email and social media.
Everyone who attends Samavesha 2020 will be responsible for making their own lodging arrangements. Suggested lodging options will be posted here when tickets go on sale this summer.
Bath offers options to suit every taste and budget, ranging from luxury hotels and grand Georgian guesthouses to cozy country cottages and chic central apartments. There is a wide price range depending on the type of room, day of the week and time of the year.
MEET THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Isabel Ferreira
- Bridget Woods-Kramer
- Sarah Powell
- Rhys Howells
- Christine Stuart
- Alessandra Di Prampero (Italy)
- Silke Wilson (Belgium)
- Nicole Damen (Netherlands)
- Letizzia Wastavino (Austria)
Anusara School of Hatha Yoga
- Ashley Sherburne, Event Producer
- Kim Friedman, Operations Team Coordinator
For more information, contact Event Producer Ashley Sherburne at email@example.com