- To immerse oneself into something one is already a part of.
- To unite with the whole that one was never separate from.
- To come together as one kula* to learn, collaborate, practice, and grow.
* Kula originally was a community gathering at the teacher’s home. Anusara uses it to describe a community gathering.
Enjoy a celebratory yoga gathering of our global Anusara Kula:
- Advance and deepen your asana practice.
- Connect, collaborate, and cultivate bliss with our community of the heart.
- Bathe in wellness and savor your meditation.
- Learn from skilled yoga teachers and reveal the bliss that is innately you through asana, meditation, philosophy and music.
Samavesha 2020 will be held in beautiful and historic Bath, United Kingdom.
- Bath is known as a healing center, with historical Roman baths.
- Immerse yourself in the experience of a lifetime.
- Allow elegant and exciting architecture to inspire you to flow with the natural healing rhythm that transcends time and space.
Anusara yoga is practiced worldwide in 88 countries. As a non-profit, teacher-led global yoga school, licensed teachers along with students share an overarching philosophy:
- Life is good.
- We reflect each other’s greatness.
- Our Attitude, Alignment, and Action come from our hearts.
No matter where you are in your Anusara yoga journey, this event will inspire you to dive into our growing community. We look forward to seeing you in Bath!
For more information, see the links at the top of the page.
Questions? Email Ashley Sherburne, Event Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
July 26 – October 31, 2019
November 1, 2019 – February 29, 2020
March 1 – June 20, 2020
July 1, 2020, through on-site ticket sales (during the event)*
*If venue space allows, one-day and weekend ticket sales will be available beginning August 1st, 2020.
**The amount of a refund will be determined based on the cancellation date, not the ticket purchase date. For example, if you buy a $555 ticket on October 1st, 2019, and then request a refund on April 15th, 2020, you will receive a refund of $166.50 (30% of $555).
There is a separate ticket ($34 USD) for the community dinner on Friday evening, September 25, 2020. After you buy your Samavesha event ticket and select “continue shopping,” you will see “Samudra Shakti.” Continue to scroll down that page until you see the ticket for the dinner.
Additional information about ticket sales:
- All tickets must be purchased through MindBody Online (MBO). MBO offers several payment options. If you need help setting up a MindBody Online account, you can find instructions here.
- If you run into difficulties purchasing your ticket(s), email Ashley Sherburne, Event Producer, at email@example.com.
Location Of the Event
The Assembly Rooms, Bath, United Kingdom
Designed by John Wood the Younger in 1769 for entertainment, tea drinking and dancing, the Assembly Rooms were at the heart of fashionable Georgian society. When completed in 1771, they were described as ‘the most noble and elegant of any in the kingdom’. The rooms are conveniently located in the same building in the center of Bath. The venue consists of 3 main rooms and a fourth smaller room.
Information About Bath
Built for pleasure and relaxation, beautiful Bath has been a well-being destination since Roman times. The waters are still a big draw, both at the ancient Roman Baths and the thoroughly modern Thermae Bath Spa, which houses the only natural thermal hot springs in Britain you can bathe in.
Bath is the only city in Britain to enjoy UNESCO World Heritage status. Today, the city reflects 2,000 years of continuous habitation. Bath’s compact, visitor-friendly center is overflowing with places to eat and drink, plus some of the finest independent shops in Britain, making it the ideal city break. Immerse yourself in Bath’s remarkable collection of museums and galleries.
Bath’s stunning honey-colored Georgian architecture is straight from a Jane Austen novel – highlights include the iconic Royal Crescent and the majestic Circus. There’s plenty to see beyond the city, too, with stunning Somerset countryside to explore, as well as attractions like Stonehenge and Avebury to name a few. Bath is located between the two largest Anusara kulas in the UK (London and Cornwall).
Take a virtual visit to Bath by clicking here.
Travel and Lodging
Getting To Bath
Strategically located, the UK has excellent travel connections with the whole world. There are two mayor international airports close to London: Heathrow and Gatwick with direct flights to/from almost every city in the world. There are other smaller international airports throughout the country enhancing the UK’s connectivity further.
- The UK has an extensive transport network within the country (rail and buses) that provides flexible and easy connectivity between airports and the rest of the country.
- Most countries from all continents can travel visa free to the UK although visa requirements may vary. Countries like EU countries, US, Canada, Mexico and some South American countries will not need visas. Countries like China will need visa. Click here to check individual visa requirements.
London to Bath: 115 miles, 120 minutes by car, 85 minutes by train.
To accommodate local Kula from other cities:
- Bristol to Bath: 13 miles, 30 minutes by car, 12 minutes by train
- Birmingham to Bath: 100 miles, 90 minutes by car, 100 minutes by train
- Exeter to Bath: 105 miles, 110 minutes by car, 95 minutes by train
- Cardiff to Bath: 57 miles, 70 minutes by car, 65 minutes by train
- Cornwall to Bath: 189.3 miles, 196 minutes by car
“City, country, hotel or hostel… if you’re thinking about where to stay in Bath, the only limit is your imagination….”
– Bath’s Official Tourism Site: https://visitbath.co.uk/
We have organized a special deal with Bath Holiday Rentals for apartments and houses in Bath (they have more than 80 properties). If you quote the word “Anusara,” they will send the options with a special rate (15-20% cheaper than on other advertised sites). You can use the following contact details:
Below is a selection of hotels from the many possibilities in Bath. We have only named these because of their location within walking distance of the Assembly Rooms.
- A little bit further away – with 2 x 12 bed private, 1 x 10 bed private dorm and 4 x 8 bed private dorm
- 13 Pierrepont Street, Bath, Somerset, BA1 1LA
- +44 (0)1225 446787
St. Christopher’s Inn Bath
- 9 Green Street, Somerset, Bath
- +44 (0) 1225 481444
Bath City Centre Premier Inn (this inn seems to have good rates, especially the non-flex –paid in advance, but reviews are not so good. However, all agree that the location is good.
- 4 James Street West, Bath, BA1 2BX
- 33 Henrietta Street, Bath, BA2 6LR
- +44 1225 632 632
Z Hotel Bath (also 3- and 4-person rooms available)
- 7 Saw Close, Bath, BA1 1EY
- +44 (0) 1225 613160
The Halcyon Hotel and Appartments (various apartments; there are 7 apartments in total which can sleep between two and six guests).
- 15a George Street, Bath, BA1 2EN
- +44 (0)1225 585 100
Apex City of Bath Hotel
- James Street West, Bath, BA1 2DA
- Reservations: +44 800 049 8000
- Apex Bath: +44 1225 418 500
Information about the schedule will be posted here by November 30, 2019.
We are delighted to announce that Bill Mahony will be our scholar for Samavesha 2020!
Professor William K. Mahony, PhD, is the Charles A. Dana Professor of Religion at Davidson College. He is known in yoga communities across the continents for his warm, lively and compassionate teaching that is accessible to contemporary yoga students at all levels as well as to those interested in deepening their spiritual lives in other ways.
Bill integrates his deep knowledge of yoga philosophy with insights refined over nearly five decades of his own yogic practice. He shares with participants the expansive and transforming wisdom he finds in the splendid texts he studies, and he guides participants in ways they can fruitfully apply these perspectives in their own lives.
For more information, visit www.wkmahony.com
The Samavesha schedule and information about presenters will be posted by December.
Isabel Ferreira is leading an amazing team that includes:
- Bridget Woods-Kramer
- Sarah Powell
- Rhys Howells
- Christine Stuart
- Alessandra Di Prampero (Italy)
- Silke Wilson (Belgium)
- Nicole Damen (Netherlands)
- Letizzia Wastavino (Austria)