By Jeannine Plaiche
Certified Anusara® Yoga Teacher,
Director of Professional Development
I am more than excited to be in this new role as Director of Professional Development (PD). Although I have been a volunteer with the School since 2013, sitting in the director’s chair has given me a new perspective and appreciation for our School, our community members and volunteers that support our continued expansion.
Despite the many challenges that have arisen due to the pandemic, I am impressed and inspired by the courage and creativity of Anusara teachers this past year. I would like to take this moment to recognize all the teachers who transformed themselves and their practice, to meet the demands of the world of today. Many have discovered new talents and others have rediscovered their ability to turn within and accept change and simplicity.
I’d also like to celebrate the following Anusara teacher trainers, who bravely took on the challenge of completing teacher trainings during the 2020 covid period. You are all creating the future of Anusara yoga. Congratulations!
Alessandra Di Prampero
Bridget Woods Kramer
Pilar Valencia Villagran
Susana Garcia Blanco
Vilas & Lalle Turske
…And many more who were co-teachers or are still currently in the process of completing their trainings…I think most of us can agree that our yoga practice has helped prepare us in many ways for this pandemic. Giving us the ability to see beyond the surface and to recognize the abundant potential within each moment.
This recognition of abundance is why I took on this position (it is also why I teach yoga). To support Anusara students and teachers in gaining access to the same advantages and learning opportunities that I’ve gained access to on my Anusara journey.
For example, here is the short list of what has been made available to teachers in the last several months, by our past and present Professional Development teams:
- Relaunch of the 36-hour Anusara Bridge Program
- Relaunch of the Universal Class Assessment Form in multiple languages
- Launch of the Policy for Online Anusara Teacher Trainings supported by suggestions for leading teacher trainings online that the curriculum department created for teacher trainers.
- Launch of the new guidelines for how to teach Yoga Alliance recognized Ansuara teacher trainings.
- A new streamlined version of the Teacher Training Registration process
- Launch of the new online Professional Development channel
- Visit the Teachers Lounge. It is freshly updated so that you can find the information that is meant for you. Go to the “Resource” section and click on your license level to enter the lounge that is personalized to your license level.
- Newly designed 200/300-hour graduation certificates for those leading teacher trainings. Please contact me if you have registered your training and have not received yours yet.
- Launch of a new Resource Guide for Teachers to help teachers feel more connected to the School.
- The development of some new teacher trainer resources set to be launched in the first quarter of 2021, including new Empowerment Reviews for 200-hour trainings and a new Therapeutic Applications of Anusara Yoga teacher’s guide.
Our School is bursting with potential and I feel we are only at the edge of touching the heart of what is possible. It is going to be a great new year!
Thank you all for your continued contribution to the Anusara yoga community. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask me: email@example.com.