Are you a specialist in a particular field of yogic study?
If you are a specialist in a particular field of yogic study and are interested in being part of the Anusara teacher training faculty, the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga invites you to join our School as a Subject Matter Specialist.
A subject matter specialist is a teacher who is skilled in a particular field of yogic study. For example: anatomy, yoga therapy, Ayurveda, yoga philosophy, business management, in teaching special populations, etc….
As a Subject Matter Specialist you will be permitted to assist Anusara teachers trainers in running their teacher training programs, by leading teacher training workshops and modules within your area of expertise.
Anusara teacher trainers may invite you to teach a workshop or module as part of their teacher training, or you can lead workshops more independently and offer Anusara credit to participants (1 hour = 1 credit. Students can apply those credits towards their 300-hour teacher training elective hours or continuing education hours).
Specialists in the field of yoga philosophy, anatomy, meditation and pranayama may also be invited by our teacher trainers to lead one of these following Anusara core curriculum subjects (ie: Required modules), in our 200-hour or 300-hour teacher training programs.
- Teaching Philosophy
- Functional Anatomy
- Teaching Meditation
- Teaching Pranayama
Core curriculum subjects must be taught as outlined in the Anusara curriculum. This will be provided to you by the lead teacher trainer of the program you are teaching.
Who can apply?
- Anusara Elements™ yoga teachers
- Anusara-Inspired™ yoga teachers
- Anusara Certified yoga teachers
- Teachers not currently members of the Anusara School but are familiar with the Anusara yoga method, have ties to teacher trainers in the Anusara community and specialists in a field of yogic study
- Minimum 5 years yoga teaching experience in their field of specialization
- Proof of training certificate or diploma in the specialization they are applying for
- Each applicant must provide the name of the Anusara Teacher Trainer who has invited them to teach in their teacher training. If applying without affiliation to a teacher training, a personal recommendation by an Experienced Certified Anusara Teacher (ECAT) will be required.
Please review this chart for more specific details regarding the number of hours an SMS can teach in a teacher training and the distinction between a “Guest Teacher” and a “Subject Matter Specialist”.
How to apply:
Note: Teachers may specialize in up to two (2) subjects.
- Submit the application form and application fee payment (1 application per subject).
- Once reviewed and approved we will send you an invoice for your annual SMS membership fee.
- Your picture and profile will appear in our website’s SMS directory.