Be part of an international community of highly trained teachers!
We are Heart-Based Yoga Teachers of Transformation
Embark on your path to become an Anusara Yoga teacher. Anusara teachers expand beyond yoga’s fitness aspects by supporting practitioners in self-discovery and a journey to the Heart.
Anusara means “flowing with grace” or “follow your heart.” Our First Principle is Open to Grace, an invitation to discover spaciousness through dedicated effort while cultivating ease.
Anusara Yoga’s comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, creative and joyful approach to the aspects of yoga promotes deep personal growth and transformative experiences on all levels of being
Our yoga teachers help others discover and tap into their human potential and essence through movement, meditation, breath and Tantric Philosophy, thus inviting practitioners to align their bodies, minds and hearts to create a deeper connection to Life.
Be part of our School and join our global and local communities of Teaching Members who are committed to developing and transforming the human potential through an empowering and life-affirming yoga methodology!
Improve Your Teaching Skills
With Anusara Yoga, learn how to teach with great depth and refinement of knowledge.
Master skillful yoga class planning as you offer an inspirational, bio-mechanically safe progression of poses connected to a philosophical theme.In this way, every class is different and unique. Many students attest to the transformational aspect of their Anusara yoga experience.
Embody wisdom that aligns mind and body to open the heart in a state of Grace.
Why Become an Anusara Yoga Teacher?
Establish yourself as a well-trained and highly skilled yoga teacher through the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga.
As an Anusara Yoga teacher you will:
- Learn to plan your classes so each one is an inspirational experience
- Offer great insight into life off the mat using enriching and inspiring teachings of philosophy.
- Teach poses, from the inside out, thereby helping students connect more fully to their hearts using Anusara’s hallmark methodology
- Improve and refine your language and learn to use clear, precise, simple and effective instructions and directions.
- Learn Anusara’s trademark Universal Principles of Alignment (UPA’s) in depth to help lead students to more advanced poses while still focusing on the therapeutic benefits of Anusara yoga alignment focus
- Expand your knowledge and integrate your wisdom using Anusara Yoga’s Loops and Spirals to create more Pranic energy flow for yourself and others
- Gain a rich understanding of biomechanical principles, including anatomy and kinesiology, and learn how to integrate that knowledge into your teaching
- Increase your ability to artfully sequence your classes and workshops by skillfully combining an inspiring philosophical theme, clear actions for yoga poses, and progressions and modifications for all levels of students.
Progressive Levels of Teaching Experience
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga offers 4 levels of licensing in its Professional Development Ladder .
- Anusara Elements Teacher
- Anusara Inspired Teacher
- Certified Anusara Teacher
- Experienced Certified Anusara Teacher
A commitment to excellence and rigorous teacher training, combined with a light-hearted approach, establish Anusara Yoga as one of the most comprehensive yoga lineages.
Anusara School of Hatha Yoga
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga is the global container that safeguards the intellectual property of our yoga teaching method.
The School provides the curricula for one of the most comprehensive, standardized teacher training programs in the world, including 200-hour and 300-hour yoga teacher training programs as well as workshops and trainings in the therapeutic application of Anusara yogas, Tantric Philosophy, skillful communication off the mat, and other specialty programs.
Anusara School of Hatha Yoga and Yoga Alliance
Yoga Alliance recognizes the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga as a Registered Yoga School (RYS). As such, both our 200-hour and 300-hour teacher trainings fulfill and exceed Yoga Alliance’s basic requirements..
This means that Anusara Yoga teacher trainees may be eligible for dual membership with both the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga and Yoga Alliance, provided your Anusara Teacher Trainer is also a licensed member of both organizations.
Exemplary Teacher Trainers
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga’s Trainers will help you become an Anusara yoga teacher.
The School’s Teacher Trainers pass rigorous evaluation that demonstrates their depth of knowledge and application of:
- Anusara’s Universal Principles of Alignment, Loops, and Spirals
- Heart-based class themes
- Non-dual Tantric philosophy
- Progressions and modifications of all aspects of yoga from asana to pranayama, including advanced sequencing and restorative / therapeutic applications
Anusara Yoga Licensing Levels
The Anusara Elements license is designed for those teachers who have completed Anusara school’s 100-hour Immersion and the 100-hour Teacher Training. Their teacher trainer has attested to their proficiency in teaching the basic elements of an Anusara yoga class.
The Anusara-Inspired license is designed for teachers who have experience teaching yoga and have completed the requisite training in Anusara yoga.
Anusara Inspired™ teachers are permitted to offer workshops on the Universal Principles of Alignment.™
The Certified Anusara yoga teacher license is designed for teachers who have at least 500 hours of training (including the 300-hour Anusara teacher training) and a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience as an Anusara-Inspired yoga teacher. Certified teachers are permitted to offer workshops on the Universal Principles of Alignment™ and, upon approval, may begin leading Immersions and Teacher Trainings.
The title of Experienced Certified Anusara yoga teacher is available for Certified teachers who have extensive Anusara teacher training experience.
It is a professional title that enables teachers to lead all or part of the 300-hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training. This license also provides an additional professional credential and is a great next step in the path of teaching excellence.
Anusara Professional Development
Anusara School of Hatha Yoga offers more than yoga teacher training, it offers a path of Professional Development.
As you advance through the levels of professional achievement, you will encounter a level of commitment to excellence and a thoroughness in your training.
Do you have training in another style of yoga and want to specialize in teaching Anusara yoga? If yes, we are excited to offer the 36-hour Anusara Bridge Program for yoga teachers like you who hold a 200-hour yoga teaching certificate in another style of yoga.
This intensive program is designed for the following teachers:
- Teachers who have completed a 200-hour teacher training in a style other than Anusara. This program serves as a bridge to and prerequisite for our 300-hour Anusara teacher training program. Once the 300-hour program is completed, teachers may apply for an Anusara-Inspired teaching license.
- For currently licensed Anusara teachers, this program serves as an intensive review of the foundations of Anusara yoga. However, it is not a mandatory prerequisite for entry into the 300-hour Anusara teacher training program.
- The 36 credit hours count towards the elective credit hours that teachers must earn to complete the 300-hour Teacher Training Program, regardless of whether they completed Anusara’s 200-hour Teacher Training Program or the Bridge Program
For all teachers, the 36 hours counts towards the elective credit portion of the 300-hour teacher training.
Do you have a specialty to offer in training Anusara teachers?
As a part of our 300-Hour Teacher Training, the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga offers a teaching role called Subject Matter Specialist (SMS).
An SMS is someone with a specialty in a subject related to the teaching and/or practice of yoga that will enhance a trainee’s education and contribute to their excellence as a teacher of Anusara Yoga.
An SMS can teach elective subjects in the 300-Hour Teacher Training, such as Ayurveda or Sanskrit. An SMS can also teach four (4) of the nine (9) required modules: Philosophy, Anatomy, Teaching Meditation, Teaching Pranayama. An ECAT must teach the other five (5) required modules.
Questions? Email email@example.com. Let us know if you’d like to speak with someone in our Professional Development Team!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
There are four level of teacher licensing. Achieving each depends on the level of commitment and study applied. In addition to completing the 200-hour and then 300-hour teacher trainings the student is assessed on their knowledge and teaching skills. They progress from being “Anusara Elements” to “Anusara Inspired” and then “Anusara Certified.” Advanced teachers can continue on to become “Experienced Anusara Yoga Teachers.”
Anusara School of Hatha Yoga is the global non-profit that hold the licensing agreements and intellectual property of Anusara Yoga. Around the world, licensed, Certified Anusara Yoga teachers offer teacher trainings. The School’s highly experienced yoga teacher trainers adhere to the standards and policies of the global, non-profit School.