CONTINUING EDUCATION POLICY
Recommendations for Anusara Yoga Teachers
As teaching members of the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga (our School) we are dedicated to learning and to continuing to refine our skills as teachers. As such it is recommended that Anusara teachers complete a minimum number of continuing education credit hours (CEC) each year.
This policy applies to the members holding the following teaching licenses:
- Anusara Elements™ Teacher (AET)
- Anusara-Inspired™ Teacher (AIT)
- Certified Anusara Teacher (CAT)
- Experienced Certified Anusara Teacher (ECAT)
Anusara *Continuing Education recommendation:
30 credit hours over three (3) years and one (1) class evaluation by a peer. (1 training hour = 1 credit)
It is expected that Anusara teaching members (AET, AIT, CAT & ECAT) complete the following within every 3-period:
- Minimum of 10 contact hours in workshop/training with a currently licensed CAT, ECAT or Anusara Subject Matter Specialist (SMS).
- Minimum 10 contact or noncontact hours of workshops/trainings, approved online learning or workshop/training with Anusara CAT/ECAT/SMS
- Minimum 10 contact or noncontact hours of workshops/trainings, approved online learning or workshop/training with Anusara CAT/ECAT/SMS or non-Anusara teacher that holds an ERYT-500 or equivalent certification.
- Minimum one (1) Class evaluation by a peer Anusara teacher using the Universal Class Assessment Form (UCAF)
*Public group yoga classes do not count towards Continuing Education hours. Only workshops, teacher trainings, master classes, yoga related lectures/seminars/festivals.
Recording and Transferring Continuing Education Credit Hours:
It is recommended that all teachers keep record of their training hours using the credit hour log available in the School’s website Teachers’ Lounge.
It is the responsibility of each Anusara member to track and maintain record of their own credit hours.
All contact hours with a CAT, ECAT or SMS can be carried over to the 300-hour Anusara Teacher Training program. A maximum of 156 elective credit hours will be accepted for this program, of which, a maximum of 36 credit hours per SMS will be accepted. The remaining 144 credit hours must be appropriately collected from required module trainings.
For inquiries regarding this policy please contact our Director of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date published: July 12, 2021