ASHY is proud to introduce the Anusara Elements™ yoga teacher license program.
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga would like to recognize the training and dedication of yoga teachers that have completed a 200 hours of immersions and teacher trainings with certified Anusara yoga teachers. Beginning in 2014, those teachers that meet the criteria for the Anusara Elements yoga teacher (AET) license can apply. To qualify for the Anusara Elements yoga teacher license, one must have met these requirements:
- Completed 100 hours of Anusara Immersion study with a certified Anusara yoga teacher
- Completed 100 hours of Anusara Teacher Training with a certified Anusara yoga teacher
- Earned the recommendation of the lead teacher of their most recent teacher training
- Agrees to abide by the standards for teaching Anusara Elements yoga as outlined in the license agreement
The Anusara Elements Teacher:
- Has demonstrated an understanding of the Universal Principles of Alignment™
- Is able to introduce a heart quality and/or theme into their class and it is present in the asana portion of the class.
- May use the terms “Anusara Elements yoga” and “Anusara Elements™ yoga teacher” in published and electronic marketing materials
- Will be listed in the Anusara Elements yoga teacher directory on this site
Graduates of Anusara Immersions and 200 hour teacher training programs in 2012 and 2013 may apply. If training was completed prior to 2012, it is highly recommended that the teacher apply for the Anusara-inspired™ teacher license instead. It is not necessary for all immersions and teacher trainings to have been with the same certified Anusara yoga teacher. Proof of completed trainings will be required along with the written recommendation of the lead teacher of the candidate’s final teacher training. If a recommendation from the lead teacher who led the candidate’s training is unattainable, contact ASHY’s certification team.
Application fee (one time) $30
License fee (yearly) $50
License must be renewed each January 1st, beginning in 2015. The AET license will be limited to four years. By that time, the teacher should be qualified to apply for Anusara-inspired yoga teacher status. License renewal requires a minimum of 10 hours continuing education per year in workshops or trainings conducted by licensed Anusara-inspired or Certified Anusara yoga teachers.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide us a copy of the 100 hours Immersion and 100 hours Teacher Training certificates (a photo [single certificate for completed 200 hour training is accepted]). It is the responsibility of the Anusara Certified Teacher leading the program to send ASHY a recommendation letter via email (please verify with your teacher). ASHY will contact you after we have received all required forms. Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready? Click here to Apply today! AET Application