The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga offers 4 levels of licensing. Each builds upon the previous as the teacher gains experience and expertise.
The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga is proud to offer the Anusara Elements yoga teacher license to recent 200-hour Anusara Teacher Training graduates.
Requirements to become an Anusara Elements teacher:
- Completion of 100 hours of a registered Anusara Immersion*
- Completion of 100 hours of a registered Anusara Teacher Training* within the last 2 years
- Recommendation from the Teacher Training instructor
*An Anusara registered training is a training which has been registered with the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga and taught by an Anusara Certified ™ teacher,
Application Process—4 easy steps !
- Submit the Elements application. After submitting the application, you will be redirected to a payment site.
- Pay the application fee
- Email a copy of your Immersion and Teacher Training certificates to Ory Brown, Professional Development Specialist, at email@example.com.
- Ask your teacher to submit a recommendation.
Once your application has been approved :
- You will receive an approval by email
- Follow the link provided in that email to sign your Elements license and pay the annual license fee (license fee renews each January)
- You will then receive a Letter of Congratulations, and your name will be added to the Anusara Elements Teacher online directory !
We hope that at the end of 2 years of teaching, you will be ready to apply for the Anusara Inspired license !
Anusara-Inspired yoga teachers are given legal license to promote themselves in this way by committing to regular study and practice of Anusara yoga and by aligning with our Anusara yoga ethical guidelines.
Licensed Anusara-Inspired yoga teachers have studied Anusara yoga for at least two years, have at least two years of teaching experience, and a minimum of 200 hours of Anusara yoga studies, including at least 100 hours of Anusara yoga Immersion studies and 100 hours of Anusara yoga Teacher Training.
Our Anusara-Inspired yoga curriculum is registered with the Yoga Alliance under their 200-hour level. Once a teacher has become a licensed Anusara-Inspired yoga teacher, he or she may also register with the Yoga Alliance in the Anusara-Inspired category.
Please feel free to further explore our Anusara-Inspired yoga protocol. All the information that is needed to prepare for this status of teaching is included in the downloadable packet in this link:
Ready to become an Anusara-Inspired yoga teacher?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher. The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga is dedicated to supporting Anusara yoga teachers in cultivating and maintaining a high standard of excellence. An Anusara yoga teacher’s main intention is to serve and assist students of all ages and levels. Anusara teachers serve their students by helping them discover their innate goodness, worthiness, and Divine nature. Anusara yoga teachers are known for their light-hearted approach; this approach evokes a playfulness, creativity and an environment that nurtures a sense of community.
Anusara yoga is a nationally Registered Yoga School through Yoga Alliance. The Anusara School of Hatha Yoga offers yoga teacher certification for teachers who meet the requirements that fulfill national standards.
Prior to applying to become an Anusara Certified teacher, the applicant must:
- Be a currently licensed Anusara teacher
- Have completed a 200-Hour Anusara Teacher Training or the Anusara Bridge Program
- Have completed a 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training
- Have taught yoga for at least four (4) years
The Certification process includes:
- Application (including payment of application fee)
- Written exam
- Class video and mentoring
Anusara yoga Certification is designed to be a wonderful process of education and esteem-building that includes mentoring and support.
Once all requirements of the Certification process have been fulfilled, the following must also occur:
- Agreement to the Terms and Conditions of a Certified Anusara yoga teacher’s license
- Payment of annual licensing dues
With the completion of these last two items, the candidate has earned the legal right to the title of Certified Anusara yoga teacher and is eligible to apply with Yoga Alliance RYT-500. A beautiful Anusara yoga teaching certificate will be mailed to the teacher, and he or she we will be listed in Anusara’s online Teachers’ Directory as a Certified Anusara yoga teacher.If a teacher loses or decides to terminate their Certified licensed status with Anusara, the teacher may still advertise that they were “once Anusara yoga Certified.” However, the teacher is not permitted to promote themselves as a Certified Anusara yoga teacher if their Anusara license is not active.
Interested in applying to become a Certified Anusara Yoga Teacher?
Questions? Contact Licensing Specialist Ory Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Advanced Teacher Trainer (CATT)
The title of CATT is a professional title that certifies you to teach all or part of a 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training. This is a great “next step” in the path of teaching excellence and we encourage you to consider applying.
Anusara CATTs will have access to:
- The newly created 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training curriculum and Student materials
- The CATT Teachers’ Lounge, which will include a forum\chat room for conversation, connection and collaboration with other CATTs
- Support and website presence on the Anusra School of Hatha Yoga website (marketing)
- Uploading by our School staff of your 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training events to our School’s website
An Anusara CATT will be able to offer their students:
- An excellent pathway to greater skill and art in teaching Anusara
- A deep, broad and well-designed curriculum
- A pathway to Yoga Alliance 500 registration
- Preparation for Anusara certification.
To be an Anusara CATT truly designates you as a Master Teacher.
What are the prerequisites? Who can apply to be licensed as an Anusara CATT?
- Certified Anusara teachers who have taught at least five 100-Hour Immersions and five 100-Hour Teacher Trainings
- Even if you don’t have the full 5 Immersions and Teacher Trainings under your belt, we will be happy to consider your application. Some exceptions to this prerequisite may be made on a case by case basis. This could be true, for example, if there is only one certified teacher in an area and there are not enough students for continuous Immersions and Teacher Trainings.
- In addition to these prerequisites we will ask you to write us a short essay – telling us why you would like to apply and a bit about your teaching background and so on.
- There’s no application fee however if your application is approved, there will be an annual CATT license fee renewal – in addition to your Certification license renewal fee.
For more information, contact:
- CATTs in Europe: Contact Jayendra Hanley – email@example.com
- CATTs in Latin America, United States and Canada: Contact Ory Brown – firstname.lastname@example.org
- CATTs in Asia: Contact Benjamin Finnerty – Benjaminfinnerty@yahoo.com
Ready to apply to become a CATT?
Subject Matter Specialists (SMS)
If you have a subject that you are especially qualified to teach but you do not qualify as a CATT, please get in touch with us and we will send you an application.
Below are a few examples of subject areas for which we hope to receive applications:
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- The Business of Yoga
- Yoga for Triathletes
- Yoga for Athletes
- Yoga and Meditation for Children and Teens
Apply as a SMS or learn more about our SMS program
Have questions about the SMS program contact our School’s Curriculum Committee – email@example.com
Questions? Contact Licensing Specialist Ory Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org