300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training
May 1, 2021 @ 8:00 am - November 20, 2022 @ 5:00 pm12USD – 180USD
The 9 required modules in the 300-Hour Anusara Teacher Training are designed to take us deeper in our teaching of Anusara Yoga (5 modules about Theme, UPAs, Sequencing, Observation and Adjustments, and Methodology & Co-Mentoring) and broaden our horizons (4 modules on Tantric Philosophy through the great Tantric text the Pratyabhijnahrdayam or The Heart of Recognition, Functional Anatomy, Teaching Meditation and Teaching Pranayama). This 300-Hour Training includes all of these, plus two electives about the Philosophy of the Shiva Sutras, a text that you don’t see taught very often, and the new Therapeutic Applications of Anusara Yoga. For some of the modules, I will have the pleasure of co-teaching with my friend and co-coordinator of the Anusara Curriculum Committee, Karen Sprute-Francovich.
Each module will consist of 2 or 3 hour sessions, on consecutive Sundays, or on Saturdays and Sundays, at 9 AM – noon EST (15:00 – 18:00 in most of Europe) or for the ones that I co-teach with Karen, from 12:30 – 3:30 PM EST (18:30 – 21:30 in most of Europe). Also, you have access to weekly asana classes, recorded on Zoom, in which we practice what is presented on the weekends. Students have found this schedule to be a powerful way to learn. Also, it’s amazing how much of a kula/community experience and how strong of an experience of practice we can have when doing it as an online community. Cost is 180 US dollars or 150 Euros for a 12-hour module, twice that for a 24-hour module.
- Teaching with the UPAs includes 2 optional preparation sessions on April 10 and 17, with the module on May 1-2 and 15-16
- Theme: June 5-6 and 19-20
- Teaching Meditation (with Karen): June 26-27 and July 3-4
- Philosophy of the Pratyabhijnahrdayam (with Karen): Sundays Aug. 1 – Sept. 19
- Advanced Sequencing: October 2-3 and 16-17
- Observation and Adjustments: November 6-7 and 20-21
- Methodology and Co-Mentoring: January 2022
- Functional Anatomy: February-March 2022
- Teaching Pranayama (with Karen): 2022
- Philosophy of the Shiva Sutras (with Karen): 2022
- Therapeutic Applications of Anusara Yoga: 2022
Jayendra Hanley is Co-Coordinator of the Anusara Curriculum Committee and he also coordinates the certification assessment process for Anusara teachers in Europe. He’s very grounded in the Anusara method, yoga philosophy, and is also a teacher of Neelakantha Meditation as taught in Blue Throat Yoga. He currently lives in the U.S. in Allentown PA, recently moving there from Europe, where he lived and taught for 15 years. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org for a full schedule of the modules.